HubSpot Ideas

TLewis7

http://taomsg-imvod.alicdn.com/default/9QSfkkzbRlTgd841lS2.mp4

I am a disability retired RN BSN with 20+ year of experience. I wanted to introduce two

product ideas to the community This Product is called The Handy Sink. The Handy Sink      allows the user to have access to soap and water anywhere and anytime they need it. The product idea is based off the triangle of infection, which states that an infectious organism requires three things to survive which are the pathogen, a suitable environment, and a host. Break any leg of the triangle and you prevent the spread of the disease. The leg of the triangle that the Handy Sink will break is the host. Proper hand washing is your number one defense against infectious pathogens. The package gives proper instruction and a step-by-step method of the proper hand washing technique.  The Handy Sink educates and advocate for the patients, by giving the patient the equipment needed to perform the action, reinforces the education and requires a return demonstration that is rapacious in nature but effective if the user follows the steps at all times. It is the hope that the Handy Sink in conjunction with the other measures set forth by the CDC will bring an end to the COVID-19 crisis that has taken so many lives, devasted this economy and is making Headlines daily.      

I was inspired with this idea when the pandemic occurred in March 2020. I was watching CNN news and I heard that the city of Atlanta was placing sinks with running water, in the streets for the Homeless population of the city. In an effort to provide a means for them to wash their hands during the COVID crisis. At the present time there is not a product like the Handy Sink. The current alternative is hand sanitizer. The guidelines for the proper use of this product is that it dries completely before touching anything and the product is effective for three uses only. After the thrird use it is recommended that the user perform the proper hand washing technique with soap and water. The product is  the most cost-effective way to break a leg from the triangle of infection. The Handy Sink uses  four tri-folded compartments. Each compartment contains baby wipe towelletts.

The product also uses Clorox (Please look at the lower left corner of a large bottle of Clorox).( It states in red that it kills COVID-19 at a rate of 99.9%). This company has already done the research. The product also uses dawn dishwashing liquid to create the soapy wipes that are located under STEP 2. The product uses your standard baby wipes that are not altered for your rinse water towelletts under STEP 1 and Step 3.  The product uses towelette that are infused with olive oil, and vitamin E oil under STEP 4. These oils will lock in the moisture from the rinse water towelettes to prevent dry cracked skin where pathogens can set up residence. The product uses plastic bags (newly added) under STEP 5 which allows the user a collection method to dispose of the used towellets.   

The Handy Sink uses products that are FDA approved already. A potential risk that might be encountered is users that want to place the product a microwave which could potentially cause scalding or severe burns. Any person that may want warm water  pose the risk of overheating the content. To mitigate this risk warning signs that state scalding risk will be placed on the packaging. This product idea was presented to the  Americian Nurses Association under Reimaging the future of Nursing. ANA connected me with Hubspot to tell my story.  Today, The Handy Sink is just an idea that requires funding  and personnel to survive.

0 Upvotes