HubSpot Ideas

iamestyk

how to utilize "top engaged contacts" from a marketing email

There is a great new dashboard in the marketing performance tab within each email that has been sent through HubSpots marketing portal. it shows how many times each contact has opened/clicked an email.

unfortunatley at the moment there is no actionable way to use this information because you cannot add it to a smartlist or build a report out of it. It would be really great to see this be added as a contact property value so that we can use this as a way to prioritize sales follow ups based on email engagement.

77 Replies
ECook

This would be amazing. Without it, I feel like there are so many strong lead opportunities lost.

Lynn_Stevenson
Participant

This is a much-needed report, at the moment I am cutting and pasting information for my sales team which is time consuming and inefficient.  Please make this data available as a report.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

commenting for a customer here.

Seeing that we have top engaged contact report for each part of marketing emails > can we get this up as a list/workflow criteria soon?

DSleeper
Contributor

This should really be added as a filter for Active Lists.

If I email 1000 people, and I get 100 of them with 3+ opens, it's a major timesink to have my sales reps go through each individual contact and reach out, when I could do an automated follow-up blast instead.

APineiro1
Member | Elite Partner

I have a customer who really wants this feature so she can send more targeted emails to highly engaged contacts. Hoping to see this feature come around soon! 

UZanesco

It's 2022, is there any chance this feature could be added in the next quarter?

Here is an idea to make it a quick win:

A simple export functionality for that list only! At the end of the day, a list of top engaged contact is already produced, the only missing step is a way to utilize that list. 
If it is shown there, there must be a place in the database where that list is stored already, it's really only a front end matter: call that list to allow any action on it.

Would be good to start with either of the following:

Export list;

Send email to top engaged contacts;

Directly create a list out of that top engaged contacts list;

Add tag to top engaged contacts;

Best regards

Umberto

busdav
Participant

@Shay  we definitely need this. Among your points, number 1. and 2. are the most important for us. 

Brucey
Participant | Diamond Partner

It's possible to create a report on this now, using the Custom Report Builder:

• Marketing Email as the primary data source
  • Contacts as the second
  • Marketing email events: email link clicks OR opened emails (I did one report for each, similar to the "Top Engaged Contacts" reports)
  • Table format
  • Can add the Marketing Email Name to the selected data (but not table) so that when you click on the number of links, you can see which email a given Contact clicked on.

Seems to work fine.

We've also filtered by last 14 days and use last contacted date, so reps can act on Contacts showing interest, especially where they haven't been in contact recently.

Of course, being able to List this data would be another step up again and make it more actionable.

V-Marketer
Participant

@Shay 

All of the list and report scenarios you described above would be absolutely useful. Can you please provide an update on the timeframe for these advancements, given that your communication was from August 2019? 

I love HubSpot and have brought at least 6 companies to HubSpot. I am very disappointed that we can only analyze each email campaign individually and, even more importantly, can't capture engaged contacts from a series of emails that are part of the same campaign and further engage with them easily... and much more.

SRuckaberle

Totally agree! Would love the possibility to export or to add the report to a dashboard.

CGwilliam

How is this still not an update? Why even show us the top engaged contacts when we can't do anything with that information? We would like to be able to pull that group into a list or a report to pass on to the sales reps. I get that the Apple privacy updates might be inflating it, but if it gives our sales reps a place to start on some interested customers, we would love to be able to pass this on to them. Huge miss on HubSpot's part for ignoring this for 5 years as you clearly have the data. 

amyT
Exactly!
VCheung
Contributor

Hi All,

This would be a great feature to have and all the suggestions are exactly what is needed.

I just had a meeting with our marketing and sales team and I naively said I would be able to send a top engagement report for each mailer with workflows and lists.

@Brucey - Your suggestion is a great placeholder solution.

Big thumbs up for this Idea

BStanev

Yes, it would be great to easily make a list and be able to provide a list of Top Engaged contacts for Sales to reach out to. I believe anything above 3 opens is worth looking at. 

tomlake
Participant

Hi @iamestyk , @Shay , @APineiro1 

We also had this problem of not being able to utilize contacts with mulitlpe engagements from a marketing email. I wanted to introduce you to Segment Builder, a HubSpot Marketplace App that solves for this.

Segment Builder allows you to create "Segments" of engaged contacts from individual marketing emails, Campaigns, Subscription Type, or a combination. You can specify a percentage (top 10% of openers) or a threshold (at least 3 clicks) , and the segment will sync to HubSpot as a List, making it workable with all other parts of HubSpot.

Please do try it out for free, and I would love to hear your feedback if you have any.

Happy segmenting

Tom from Segment Builder

tom@engagement-hub.com 

A List of SegmentsA List of Segments

ABeney
Participant

Any update on this? It was set as not currently planned in 2020...

Just to be able to create a list of the top engaged contacts from the email is all we need to then do more analysis. Just like you can create a list from the sends, bounces, unsubs etc.

SegmentBuilder

Hi @ABeney 

We also had this problem of not being able to utilize contacts with mulitlpe engagements from a marketing email. I wanted to introduce you to Segment Builder, a HubSpot Marketplace App that solves for this.

Segment Builder allows you to create "Segments" of engaged contacts from individual marketing emails, Campaigns, Subscription Type, or a combination. You can specify a percentage (top 10% of openers) or a threshold (at least 3 clicks) , and the segment will sync to HubSpot as a List, making it workable with all other parts of HubSpot.

Please do try it out for free, and I would love to hear your feedback if you have any.

Happy segmenting

Tom from Segment Builder

tom@engagement-hub.com