HubSpot Ideas

iamestyk

how to utilize "top engaged contacts" from a marketing email

There is a great new dashboard in the marketing performance tab within each email that has been sent through HubSpots marketing portal. it shows how many times each contact has opened/clicked an email.

unfortunatley at the moment there is no actionable way to use this information because you cannot add it to a smartlist or build a report out of it. It would be really great to see this be added as a contact property value so that we can use this as a way to prioritize sales follow ups based on email engagement.

77 Comentários
pbewick
Membro

Agreed! This information would be extremely useful if we could compile it into lists for special follow up and workflows. As it is currently, its a nice metric but isn't helping to qualify leads or drive business and is therefore basically useless.

Tamara
Membro

Totally agree!  Need to export a list of these folks

rsteggell
Membro

This would be the most vital information to have from an email marketing campaign.

DFanch
Membro

Hubspot! You tease!    This critical report has been built, so where is it?

Imagine going to an ice cream shop and the server offers a free taste of their chocolate ice cream.  

You oblige and try it. Much to your surprise, it is the best ice cream you've ever had, so you ask for a scoop of the chocolate.

Then the server tells you that they don't offer chocolate ice cream.

Your users know that you have the ability to generate that report--you're already showing me the top 10--you mean to say that you don't have a "top 50" or "top 1000"?   Or just a simple ranking for this? 

We want the chocolate ice cream. We know you've got it--now hand it over. 

Thanks!

GabrielaC
Membro

DFanch nails it. The info is clearly there, but it's missing a "view all" button under the top five engaged users.

AlexBottomLB
Participante

exactly was just looking for this feature!

dcof
Membro

Yes, totally agree! Our Sales folks need to know the top folks in order to prioritize.

trb13
Membro

Agreed! New to HubSpot, and I was trying to figure out how to expand that section of the report. Exporting the full list would be fantastic!

AlexBottomLB
Participante

what is the status on this??

Shay
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi all, appreciate all the votes and feedback on this post!

I have some good, and not so good, updates to share on this specific feature. The good news is that we're deep into a pretty significant overhaul of the email reporting infrastructure to move it onto HubSpot's more modern and feature-rich reporting systems which will unlock a lot of new reporting features and capability. The existing email reporting systems were some of the first we built at HubSpot, and have served us well over the years, but they have a good way to come to meet the more flexible and customisable expectations we have today, which should unlock a lot more options including some of the ones described here.

The not so good news is that this project is not the most straightforward task. We don't have a concrete answer on exactly how long this will take but it's actively being worked on and is a top priority for us.

In the meantime, it'd be super helpful to get to know a little more about how you'd leverage this data in your usage of HubSpot. There's a few ideas we've been floating around but we can't quite pin down which is the most relevant to the particular needs here. To list out what we have in mind: 

1. Would you want to be able to create lists out of the top engaged contacts on a per-email basis? 
    • I.e. a list filter that looks a little something like "Email Activity" > "April Ebook Offer Email" > "Is top engaged contacts"
  2. Create a smart list of all top engaged contacts across all emails ever?
    • I.e. a running list of the most engaged contacts (by raw open/click counts) across all emails ever sent
  3. A report that shows the most engaged contacts (by raw open/click counts) within a set window of time (i.e. last 30 days)
  4. An updated/improved contac timeline card that does more to highlight the count of opens/clicks a contact did on a specific email?
    • I.e. an improvement on:
       Shay_Redmond.png
  5. Any alternatives?

We're very interested in understanding how you'd like to see and use this data inside your portal, so any and all context is appreciated. Thanks!

ltowers
Membro

I would like to be able to create lists out of the top engaged contacts on a per-email basis. The other items you mentioned are interesting, too.

paju
Participante

Agree with @ltowers  - I simply want to be able to create a list of the top-engaged contacts per email so I can share it with the sales team.  An option that sits in the "Top Engaged Contacts" section to export or save as a list.

Shay
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot
Appreciate the feedback @ltowers and @paju, thanks for sharing
mfinn
Membro

We have sales development reps using HubSpot Sales Starter and I would like there to be an easy way for them to see a full list of their most engaged contacts.

creesesf
Membro

waiting for this feature to come out - very interested!

JasonPBeck
Membro

Very needed feature! Would be great to provide our sales team with top engaged contacts by campaign.

trishdeluria
Participante

I was just looking for this feature today! Would definitely be helpful to be able to create a list out of it and utilise for follow-ups or sending additional campaigns. 

jmonahan18
Membro

Had this capability in MailChimp, so it's disapoing to not have it in HubSpot.  Just about everything else has been better in HubSpot, but this is a pretty glaring omission. 

jamabryan
Participante

I'm interested in a running list of top engaged contacts. Can't wait for this feature to come out!

pf-ddesimone
Membro

Yes! This would be great to see Smiley Gargalhando