HubSpot Ideas

huddlehouse

Create tickets from emails forwarded to Conversations

We have been using Zendesk. They have a feature where we can forward an email from the client to an email address & it would create a ticket from that, but for the person who emailed me. In hupspot it creates a ticket for me and assigns me to it haha. Is there a way to change that?

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
June 20, 2019 11:25 AM

Hey folks - this feature is live! If you forward an email from an end customer to any email connected with your Inbox, we'll  attach a Conversation (and ticket if you configure email to create tickets) to the original email sender. 

9 Replies
mfreiert
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - this feature is live! If you forward an email from an end customer to any email connected with your Inbox, we'll  attach a Conversation (and ticket if you configure email to create tickets) to the original email sender. 

alexCOBA

Hi @mfreiert this was working for me then it just stopped. Can you advise if any other settings need to be enabled / setup for this to work. I am sending from my address to the address we have a shared mailbox for.

Thanks

NicolasChoupin
Contributor

Dear All,

I'm interested in that function too, but it seems it doesn't work.

Has it been retired ?

Thanks for your feedback

Nicolas

rmitchell1
Contributor

I'm interested in this too. It seems to not work the way it is supposed to work.

alanna-hill

Really doesn't work for us either, would be great to get feedback on whether we should expect it to work or not.

NicolasChoupin
Contributor

@rmitchell1 @alanna-hill 

actually, it works pretty well.

Here are the two conditions to make it work :

• Ensure the option is activated in your inbox (screenshot in french below)

NicolasChoupin_1-1635813358252.png

• The subjet of your mail should start with "FW" (for french people, this would, by default in outlook, starts with "TR" you must modify this "TR" to "FW"

tips : please note that if your customer forwards a mail from a colleague, in your ticket, the wrong customer will be selected (the colleague instead of the people sending the mail). this could lead to mistakes.

workaround : I use a dedicated mailbox : support.fw@mycompany.com when i need to forward a case (used internally only) and this mailbox is connected to the same pipeline than my customer mailbox support@mycompany.com

alanna-hill

@NicolasChoupin Thanks for the tip, that clears it up a bit.  My organization uses Google for email, and the default is "Fwd:".  I'm guessing there isn't a way to change this default, but I wonder if anyone else has figured a way to fix this without manually changing the prefix of the subject each time?

LLovegood

@NicolasChoupin I tried, as you show in the image, email account set and "Choose original sender of email forwards" set to ON,  but not work.

The email has "FW" instead the original "FWD" maybe I forget something in the composition of the email?

Thanks

NicolasChoupin
Contributor

Dear @LLovegood I'll suggest to contact hubspot support.

I won't be able to help you on that, I'm pretty sure there is nothing else to do that you already did