HubSpot Ideas

Shay

google analytics event tracking for forms without landing pages

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 60 votes.

I need to be able to track form submissions as a goal in Google Adwords and Google Analytics for HubSpot forms that do not have landing pages. Google Analytics provides for event tracking to do exactly this (see https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/eventTrackerGuide ). However, I am told from HubSpot support that I currently cannot add the Google javascript tracking codes to my forms on HubSpot. Please provide a way to allow us to incorporate Google Analytics Event tracking in our forms.
Thank you.

4 Replies
aspenlewis

This would be useful for us as well. I don't like forcing a user to load another landing page just to say "thanks for submitting the form," but I can't use 3rd party tracking code to register conversion values without doing that in the current format. I've been able to add conversion tracking code to specific call to action buttons but for some reason you can't do it in a form submission button (essentially the same thing as a CTA). Please fill in this gap. 

cvalle88
Participant

This feature would be extremely useful for my company, as we have certain forms that are high-value and must be embedded on our website, rather than on a HubSpot page.

Ziggy

this would be useful for us as well.

Any updates? 

laurenrobertson

Very useful if we could track landing page and inline form submissions...

... also a way to track form abandonment would be very helpful!