HubSpot Ideas

twinloger

forecast - how to select a filter other than close date

Hello. we would like to use the forecast. it does not suit us that he selects deals only according to close date. We make contracts with clients for several years (etc, 2021, 2022, 2023). We divide offers into several years (etc, 2021, 2022, 2023). We have plans for several years (etc, 2021, 2022, 2023). Forecast selects all trades only by close date. we use close date only in the stage win deal. We also need to choose other fields so that the forecast contains truly true data for us. I believe that there are more such users. In this form, forecasts have no value for us. do you have any for this solution?

In reports it's ok. I will choose any custom field in the deal to filter. (trvanie zmluvy = duration of the contract)

twinloger_0-1616484859189.png

in the forecast I only have close date and the data are different

twinloger_1-1616484858913.png

I can't use close date for success forecast

it would help us a lot. well thank you

peter

2 Replies
esteeratliff
Contributor

Agree. We only use the close date field when a deal is won.  Unfortunately, the forecast tool only filters off of close date. Would love to be able to forecast off of a custom date field. We use "Expected Close Date" for the pipeline. When a deal is lost or won, then the close date field is populated. To use the forecast tool we would have to change the way we use HubSpot deals.

GPEYROT

Hello,
I agree with this statement.
I was super excited about the Forecast feature as we aim to avoid the processes out of the CRM as much as possible.
But without the ability to use a custom date (different than the Close Date), the Forecast Tool is completely useless for us...
Too bad!