HubSpot Ideas

jmcdonald

filter in manage duplicates

Filtering by company / contact owner would be a great feature. As there are several sales people and you currently have to thumb through all of them to see what is or isn't yours. this would create an easy way to keep the data clean.

16 Replies
JenD
Participant

As a super admin, I don't want to be responsible for blindly merging duplicates on behalf of my teams. The view definitely needs to show more information than just Contact 1, Contact 2. And under Review view, add Contact Owner. And being able to filter like the OP suggests, would be very helpful.

sgarforth
Participant

I need to be able to see a list of contacts that I own to dedup. I shouldn't be deduping other people's contacts. At the very least it should show the contact owner in the list.

mmelvilleDM

Agreed, as a system admin, I would like to pull reports of potential duplicates by Sales person and by a property on the contact.  We are currently syncing our contacts with our Sales system and since there are so many potential duplicates, I'd like to focus on only the contacts where we have a property called Sync to Sales = YES.  Once the huge mess of data is cleaned up, I would rather marketing and sales be able to filter by the salesperson id and clean up.

Thanks!

HubspotUser123
Participant

I totally agree. We have different countries / teams in one HubSpot account. Due to the user rights (they can only edit their own records) they are not even able to see the duplicate feature. The duplicate feature shows ALL duplicates of the entire account and that's not useful - we need to be able to filter by teams/countries/contact owner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We see it the same way as HubSpotUser123. It is not acceptable to restrict the view of the contact data records via roles and rights and then have full access or no access at all when viewing the duplicates. The role and rights restrictions must be applied throughout the entire portal!

Zakattack_89
Participant

Agreed

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner

This is much needed. In bigger companies, being able to filter for properties (set custom columns) is crucial. Duplicates can easily be in the hundreds and it's impossible to tell which team's responsibility this should be without additional filter options.

silveryf
HubSpot Employee

Hey! I'd like to link another feature request in this regard so that we could consolidate all the upvotes and comments! 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Filter-results-in-the-Duplicates-tool/idi-p/274791

SSears13
Participant | Partner

Agreed, need to be able to filter the records for the manage duplications tool.   Tools works well, but is unless when there is 1000 records and 10 different people who need to fix their own records.  

VCardy

Our CRM currently has 2,000 duplicates for contacts alone... and another 2,000 for companies. We have a sales team of nearly 100 people, and the ability to filter by the sales rep/user would be tremendous for us. We do imports from other databases pretty regularly, and oftentimes, that creates a mess of duplicates (even when we try to dedupe). To be able to look at duplicates for just one particular user would allow us to clean up records faster and more efficiently! This would also eliminate issues where two different people have the same contact (unknowingly) and are both communicating with the same person; however, they don't know they're both reaching out, thus confusing the customer and making a bad impression on our part.

Please help us out HubSpot!

GeraldK

Hi,

I like your idea very much, as the missing query capability (for example based on owner or country) limits the "Manage duplicates" feature from Hubspot to be unusable.

Having different teams, which we want to encourage to clean their duplicates, it as minimum requirement to narrow down the duplicates by owner!

@hubspot – Please add this functionality to the “Manage duplicates” feature. It’s a must have from our point of view!

TC_MI
Participant

This! ^^  All of the above comments.  The Manage Duplicates is a great tool, but severely lacking by not having the contact owner shown or a filter to do so. At least the ability to export a list that can then be shared with all team members.  

Dharris4

I want to be able to filter duplicates by country.

KMoser317
Participant

A bit shocked this doesn't exist. I'd like to filter by lifecycle stage as some stages (i.e. Customer) are a higher priority for de-duping than others.

cdhq_cpander
Contributor

Hi there, as recently a new beta was launched for Data-Monitoring regarding Duplicate record issues + notification to selected Hubspot users (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/data-management/data-quality-command-center#set-up-duplicate-monitorin...)  I was really wondering why there's still no possibility to filter/manage duplicates by Hubspot users/owners. 😕  This would be no a even more logic and useful functionality- at least for Operations Hub...

ANakagawa

The ability to either filter or sort the duplicate records by additional criteria would be helpful.  Create date, create by are the two most helpful