HubSpot Ideas

jalderson

deal id search

Hi i know the system has a unique id for each deal but you cannot search by it.  this would be a great way to identify one deal from another.  

thanks

19 Replies
Yoshi
HubSpot Employee

This would be great feature! 

Sometime we change the deal name.

Therefore, it would be great if we can search a deal by its Deal id to track the deals. 

mkwdwrd
Participant

This would be great. Also would love to search by any unique ID, Contacts and Companies 

p_viv
Contributor

Second this - we really need to be able to search for unique deal ID

Karena
Contributor

Not just to search, either! Really need the functionality of deduplicating Deals.

sophiakhan
Participant

trying to integrate with Quickbooks and it would be great to use the same unique deal id in both databases to help identify for billing purposes as well!

jolynne

ID Deal

Hello,

We would like to have a property for each Deal with an ID number as a tracking reference. We want the system to create a numbering itself.

Sorry for my English, I'm francophone.
Thank you

basil
Key Advisor

+1

TracySteel
Participant

We would also find this feature useful. We have a data analyst using anonymised data from the deals exports and only have deal ID to be able to go in and clean data. It takes ages to find some other non-logical reference to find a deal back in the HubSpot system.

Rhys1
Participant

The ability to search deals by any property must be implemented ASAP, I am feeling tremendous mental discomfort having to use filters. I cannot for the life of my understand why the developers would stop the search function at deal name, you are wet developers, go bloody swimming!

Thanks, I look forward to using the updated feature in the very near future.

Rhys

hugomaya

I'm also working with Quickbooks to match our payments and this will be usefull

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your comments and feedback here. I'm excited to let you all know that this feature is now widely supported in HubSpot, you can search using Deal ID as of today. There are a handful of other capabilities along with this that you may find interesting - the full details are broken down in this blog post.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
sophiakhan
Participant

Is there a way to show the deal id as a property in the deals dashboard when changing the column?

theodorebloom
Participant

I agree, the deal columns and board should be searchable by any identifying character. 

basil
Key Advisor

Posted to the wrong thread. Sorry. Thanks a lot for implementing this (I am using this feature regularly).

RhoHubSpot

I see Deal ID has been added. But, it doesn't seem to solve our need. We need to generate  sequential 4-digit number (Project number) in a format that follows our current business processes.   How do I customize this Deal ID number to do that?

Andy

Just picking up on a couple of these threads and it would appear that for about 3 years useers have been asking for a squential number ing system and HS have not delivered....am i correct?

Well done HubSpot.....and Im not taking about the deal ID....we all now about that....get your finger oot!!;))

Heike6983

Hello,
I see that it is possible to search for the deal ID, but unfortunately you have to search for the whole number. Is it possible to implement that you can search for only part of the number?

Like some members said before, it is impracticable to work externally with the current Deal IDs as those are too long and are generated in a non-sequential way. Therefor I second the request to add a feature that let the user create their own deal numbers containing numbers and letters.

docly

@roisinkirby your solution is a completely different need.
We (or I) looking for a solution that you add "identifier" to your standard search engine.
In lists for deals, companies or contacts I can search by a search field, but this search looks only to the properties Name and Description (for companies and contacts something else).
Wer don't use only HubSpot in our company in our supply chain processes, we have a SAP ERP system in place, too.
Any connections between our systems are ID based and our users know their IDs.
It's would be really much easier just to search be an ID instead of opening Mor filters to add an additional filter to the ID property.
Should I open a new ticket or can you work on my comment here?

Kind regards, Markus