HubSpot Ideas

rwolupo

automatically close chat conversation by time

it would be helpful if conversations can be closed automatically after a certain time if there is no further input

15 Replies
coke
HubSpot Employee

I strongly agree with this idea. Many of our customers are looking for this functionality and it would be great to see a way to set an inactivity timer so the conversations that have meet that criteria get closed automatically.

KBarberSG

Another vote for this. Our team is not the best at closing out chats, and it clogs the email inbox making it very difficult to find the truly current chats. Auto-closing after an interval of our choice would be a huge time saver.

DWilde

I totally agree with coke and KBarberSG.  We currently use PureChat and this is a bog-standard feature that takes effect every single day ....   this limitation of auto-closing chats after a period of inactivity, is one of the stumbling blocks in us switching over to HubSpot's chat.  We are trying to introduce artificial work-arounds with workflows connected to Chats, but we keep running into roadblocks - it would be much easier just to have the 'auto-close after pre-defined interval' as a standard feature 

BCapewell
Contributor

Is there any update on this? Ive been trying to figure it out on my own for the last few hours. 

KBarberSG

@BCapewell Unfortunately I haven't heard anything about updating this. I really wish they'd work on it so it wouldn't junk up the conversation inbox.

BCapewell
Contributor

@rwolupo I tried doing this via a workflow, but "Conversation Status" is a property that is set by Hubspot and cant be edited.  

BCapewell_0-1654264926476.png

LMannak

Would be nice to automatically close conversations after a certain period of inactivity, to keep the inbox clean and tidy. Especially for bot conversations.

KirstenC

Agree, this would be very useful

Yevheniia

This feature should be definitely considered and implemented.

richiea

Agreed. Many visitors will stall out in a Chatflow which is awkward to indefinitely keep open both for them as well as us. 

VAnanth
Participant

Fantastic idea. We need this too cause customers start chat with the BOT but then drop out. 

And this is counted towards total time to close chat reports and doesn't give us an accurate picture. 

Would be GREAT to automatically close conversations after a certain period of inactivity, to keep the inbox clean and tidy. Especially for bot conversations.

nicolerohrer
HubSpot Employee

Absolutely agree this would serve our customers greatly. 

boberdooscott

I agree as well. This would be a very helpful feature. 

EffiR

Agree, This feature should be definitely considered and implemented.

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

+1 - Good idea!