HubSpot Ideas

JoeMayall

Zoom integration is now available in Conversation Intelligence

Zoom integration is now available as part of Conversation Intelligence, which lets you automatically record, transcribe, and analyze your Zoom calls.

Conversation intelligence helps organizations avoid the pain of missing or dirty data. Most customer interactions happen in a call but never get logged to the CRM. Because the valuable data isn’t logged, reports are wrong and CRM data is never up to date. Conversation intelligence solves these problems in the following ways:

1. Automatically record calls to capture important information
  2. Coach on the captured data rather than second-hand accounts
  3. Provide a layer of intelligence for coaching and BI now that the data exists in the CRM

To participate in the closed beta of Conversation Intelligence with Zoom Integration, you must:

• Be in the US or Canada
  • Use HubSpot calling
  • Have Sales Hub Enterprise or Service Hub Enterprise
  • Have the Zoom integration with cloud recording enabled

If you are eligible please make sure to opt-in by checking the box to sync data from recordings and transcripts on the Zoom integration settings page. This is a portal-level setting.

Zoom Integration is available for all users.

Zoom Integration with conversation intelligence is available for Sales Hub Enterprise or Service Hub Enterprise accounts that have Zoom enterprise-level users.

6 Replies
JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Josh-Padnick
Participant

I've spent more hours than I care to admit trying to get this feature to work, but the documentation is not clear, the support team is well-intentioned and responsive, but unable to answer concrete questions on how it works, and 3 weeks in I still have yet to successfully import a single Zoom recorded call despite following all docs and enabling all settings in both HubSpot and Zoom as indicated. In addition, I have a background as a software engineer and have been at least trying to understand how the system works, which has also not been possible. If HubSpot is still interested in supporting this feature, here are my questions:

1. What is the trigger that sends a Zoom recording into HubSpot? I'm guessing it's when a Zoom webhook fires that indicates a recording has finished processing?

2. What API does Zoom then call? I'm guessing it's the Hubspot engagements API?

But here's where I'm fuzzy. So I'll include my follow-up questions.

3.  I don't want to make my call recordings available via a public URL, but is this a requirement for the Zoom recording to be available? Can I not pass in the public URL plus a passcode? Or can HubSpot use the fact that it's authenticated to Zoom to pull down the reocrdings?

4. How does HubSpot know which contact to associate the Zoom meeting with? Do I need to require that all Zoom users authenticate before joining the meeting? If so, that makes sense technically, but that's a terrible experience for our customers who may not have a Zoom.us account and who we are now requiring must create such an account before they can join our sales meeting. Does HubSpot somehow connect the meeting created to the HubSpot account, or does it only pull from the list of users in the Zoom meeting?

5. Does Conversation Intelligence use the Zoom transcript, or does it attempt to re-transcribe the Zoom recording file? 

6. Could I use Zapier to build my own integration? For example, I can have a Zapier zap run when a Zoom recording is ready and write the relevant details to the HubSpot engagements API. Will that allow me to get searchable conversations within HubSpot? Will this work as long as I put in any valid `contactID`?

The service looks valuable, so I'd like to get this working. Thanks for your help,

Josh

Josh-Padnick
Participant

Alright, well, using the API and Zapier I managed to get a call loaded in to HubSpot! But then, I get an error  when I attempt to actually view the call 😞 Is this feature just broken entirely?

JoshPadnick_0-1624922813532.png

lkostroun

There really needs to be a way to automatically associate zoom calls with contacts/companies/deals automatically. As-is, the only way I've been able to see value is reviewing calls made directly from hubspot. As an account executive, most of the calls I want to review are zoom call demos/discovery. Since they aren't associated with the records, it's a waste. 

I've worked with Hubspot support team and they have confirmed this is the case, so hopefully this functionality is added as conversational intelligence is further built out.

Tunch
Contributor

@Josh-Padnick were you able to figure this out? This is something we are looking to get working for our team as well however I'm not sure if there's something wrong on my end or Hubspot's end.. 

We currently have Zoom Business and Sales Hub Professional, we've always have Zoom integrated with Hubspot but I just recently checked on the box of for "

Sync data from recordings and transcripts."

(screenshot attached) Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 6.03.51 PM.png

however I'm not sure if it's working.. 

Any recommendations? Do we need to have the Enterprise package with Conversation Intelligence to have this functionality of reviewing Zoom calls directly within Hubspot and having it also linked within Contact/Deal records & associated to activities?
Josh-Padnick
Participant

@Tunch My recommendation is to purchase either https://www.gong.io/ or https://chorus.ai. Chorus.ai has a Zapier integration and I wrote a small amount of custom code so that I could get it to function exactly the way I wanted. Here's my current setup now:

1. A call is scheduled via Calendly.

2. Chorus.ai knows that it should pick up events where I'm the meeting organizer and I'm booking with someone outside my company.

3. Chorus.ai joins the call as a bot and records the call.

4. When the call is done, Chorus sends a webhook to Zapier indicating a recording is ready.

5. Zapier looks up the HubSpot meeting (engagement) associated with the recording (this part is what took custom code) and appends the Chorus.ai recording to it.

Now I get the recordings I wanted, plus Chorus.ai has way better transcription and additional analytics than HubSpot. Plus the price of Chorus is way better than upgrading to HubSpot's next tier.

I found the HubSpot solution to be very immature by comparison and would not recommend it based on what I experienced early last year.