HubSpot Ideas

DBellamy

Zip Code Segmenting

There should be a way to segment lists by email so I can target leads that are within a certain distance of a set location.  I can easily geotarget with every other platform.  This one should, too.

32 Replies
chillvillain

tenor.gif

Heidi1
Contributor

Thanks @arinker 

I needed one more tool — a way to get all the postal codes within 100 miles of Washington DC and I found this website: https://www.freemaptools.com/find-zip-codes-inside-radius.htm. It gave me all the postal codes separated by a comma. Just needed to paste them and do a find/replace to convert the commas into semi-colons. 

My process was a little different than arinker's because I wanted to geotarget contacts we already had on a list. So my list settings were:

1) create list (active list)

2) list membership — selected my current list that I wanted to segment into a geotargeted list

3) click "AND"

3) contact property > postal code — then I pasted the postal codes separated by the semi-colon

4) save

meganvogel

Our company would also love a geotargeting tool that would allow us to pull contacts located within 60 miles of a specific location, based on their zip code.

I agree with the other comments that there are workarounds, but it'd be great to have this feature within the Hubspot tool itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Needed. 

edlin

Yep, this is absolutely a must have.

For those doing the manual entry of zip codes in the interim, here's a helpful trick. If you have a list of zip codes, I use the JOIN function in Google Sheets to combine the zip codes in one cell, separated by a semicolon. Then you can copy and paste into the Hubspot field, and the semicolon separates each zip code into its own entry.

This is a big time saver, but to the Hubspot team, this does not replace the need for geo-segmenting. I'm wary of having a list that validates against 15,000+ zip codes - seems liable to break easily. 

JenNS1
Contributor

The Smart List / Active List hack works for this...

Then to get a list of Post Codes with the semi colons added. 

1) Paste list into excel

2) in the colum next to the first post code =A2&";" 

3) Copy and paste down all the colums and should work!

4) copy and paste the list back into the Active List creation

ALiebenthal

Has this feature been added or addressed by Hubspot yet? Seems like a no brainer. 

FHacking
Participant

Still need this feature! Not sure if anything has been brought out since this was last discussed a couple of years ago!

FHacking
Participant

I believe I have found a solution to this although incredibly long winded. 

I am UK based so this will be most relevant to UK users. 

I have created a new Property, Region (UK) and then created numerous workflows to automatically allocate Companies (And contacts in a second set of workflows) with the appropriate region depending on Postal Code. I can then run searches depending on the region (UK) property feature for easy use. 

My workflows are:

London Region

If Postal Code starts with: EN, IG, RM, DA, BR, SW ... etc.

OR

Additional line to cover off single letter postcodes) If Postcode starts with, E1,E2,E3,E4,E5,E6,E7,E8,E9,E10 ... Repeat pattern for S & W: S1-S10 & W1-W10

THEN

Set Property value, Region (UK) to: London

I have then repeated this logic for each region and am so far seeing strong results. Please let me know if you have positive impact from using this logic OR if you see any flaws in this setup.

Many thanks and hopefully this helps. 

Fred

TRoberts1
Participant

Segmenting by Zip Code is so needed! Please add this feature. 

lukedringoli

+1! Without a way to geotarget based on postal code, the property is of little use, unless you go through a very manual process of pasting individual postal codes, as others have outlined. Ideally, I would love for HubSpot to also autofill the City and State fields as well based on the postal code. This would really cut down on the number of fields in the form for those clients who need to collect location data.

elizsmith
Contributor

This needs to be prioritized by HubSpot!!!