HubSpot Ideas

mschnitt

Xero integration for Contacts, Records and Invoice History

For your CRM, it would be amazing to have Xero integrated similar to how other CRM's do it e.g. https://capsulecrm.com/addons/xero/

88 Replies
Sam_Alford
Member | Diamond Partner

Just to be clear @poconnell , the integration in the app marketplace just syncs Xero contacts with Hubspot, it doesn't create Xero invoices from HubSpot deals or display invoice data in HubSpot. I find a lot of HubSpot customers come to us after trying the Xero/HubSpot marketplace one out as our add-on keeps the contacts in sync as well as creating invoices and viewing invoice data in HubSpot. (Mental note, I need to finalise the process of getting it listed on the marketplace as well). I just wanted to clarify this so as not to confuse those in this thread that need the invoice functionality.

poconnell
HubSpot Product Team

@Sam_Alford, Thanks alot for adding the clarification on this. I will change the status on this idea to avoid confusion

brandy_asplundh
HubSpot Product Team

Hi there,

Xero has created a contact sync integration between Xero and HubSpot. Check out the integration page in the App Marketplace to learn more:https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/finance/accounting/xero

We are working closely with Xero to help them sync more data between Xero and HubSpot. 

We will update this post when more data is syncing between the two systems. 

Best, 

Brandy 

Sam_Alford
Member | Diamond Partner

I'm a bit excited today! I got to walk my lovely client through the first ever HubSpot and Xero integration that creates recurring invoices in Xero from HubSpot deals. Even though you can't actually do it using the Xero API as there is no ability to create Repeating invoices, everything is "figure-out-able" and I worked out a way to make it work. Every day of the month the integration looks up HubSpot deals to see what recurring invoices need to be created on that day based on the day the first invoice was created (eg. for retainers, SaaS subscriptions, monthly project installments etc) and creates them in Xero with associated products, SKU numbers, tracking codes, discounts etc.

I have had a lot of questions about whether this is possible since I created the first Xero integration, and finally it is! Feel free to email me at samantha@inboundaddons.com if you'd like more details.

pundir

I am sorry @brandy_asplundh , but the integration created by Xero is moronic at best. You can see the main and obvious flaw if you read the reviews at https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/7314853/marketplace/apps/finance/accounting/xero

Every single person requestion contact sync on this thread wants contacts to flow from Hubspot not Xero. Hubspot captures leads; when these are converted, we want to be able to send the contact details to Xero, instead of copy pasting. What does the Xero extension do? It sends contacts from Xero to Hubspot. What's the use case for that? When do leads originate in Xero? 

Further, as per OP, there's a need to sync invoice history from Xero to Hubspot - when an invoice is generated or emailed for a customer in Xero, the information should be sent to Hubspot.

LBen

Is there any update to this? It has been 2 years and we still seem to only have contact sync not invoice sync. We have monthly clients and it would be great to know when they have paid their retainer.

k1m

Are we any futher with this? 

I am onboarding and I cannot create Xero  invoices from within HubSpot. Only if account is set to USD. I am in New Zealand ...

k1m_0-1703121889802.png

NNunes0

Hey there!

Does anybody know if something happened with the integration between Xero and Hubspot? Some of our contacts had their phone number removed from Hubspot through a XERO integration, any ideias of what happened or how to fix it?

Thanks!

Nat