HubSpot Ideas

mschnitt

Xero integration for Contacts, Records and Invoice History

For your CRM, it would be amazing to have Xero integrated similar to how other CRM's do it e.g. https://capsulecrm.com/addons/xero/

88 Replies
patricko
Participant

Great thanks, Sam! Where can I find this add-on?

Thanks, Patrick

Sam_Alford
Member | Diamond Partner

Hey @patricko,

take a look here.  I need to update the video on that page with the demo of the products and line items functionality, but you should see the invoices listed in the company record as you mentioned.

Feel free to email me at samantha@inboundaddons.com if you have any specific questions.

Cheers,

Sam

darynsmith
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

We've developed a HubSpot <> Xero Integration, here is a video explaining how it works:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LABS7mWwcq3EoKLZCIMdyy4KG0uHO3ip/view

ericmurphy
Participant | Elite Partner

How is this coming along? Really looking forward to adding this integration for a number of clients.

Sam_Alford
Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @ericmurphy,

it's all up and running now with lots of enhancements since I launched it publicly (and many customisations as we're finding that many businesses have different requirements and so far we've been able to accommodate them all).

Perhaps flick me an email to samantha@inboundaddons.com and we can discuss your clients' needs.

Cheers,

Sam (aka Sam_Alford as I'm using an updated account)

ODICCI_Jacques
Participant

@mschnitt what are your thoughts? is this on the roadmap?

Sam_Alford
Member | Diamond Partner

To all that are following this thread and hoping that HubSpot will build this integration...

The challenge for HubSpot (as we are experiencing with all the clients that are signing up for our integration) is that so many businesses have different requirements that it is hard for HubSpot to cover the 80/20 rule of functionality (ie build the functionality for 80 percent of the use cases).  

For example, some clients use Sales Pro and the Products functionality in deals that need to map to individual line items with individual discounts where applicable and some don't; some have a single account that they map products to in each line item description and some have 50; some use inventory so need to map to item codes/sku's and some don't; some include tax and others don't; some want address fields in HubSpot to map to postal fields in Xero and some want them mapped to physical addres; some want invoices automatically saved in approved stage and sent automatically via email and some only want them in draft; some... I could go on for quite a while. 

We've built all that functionality into our addon already and with each new client the functionality grows. 

And that's just the contact syncing and invoice creation.  Then there's the display of invoice information in the contact and company records and all the different requirements that each business has there.  

There are so many different use cases here that HubSpot would not be able to accommodate all the exceptions, and only having half the integration just moves the administration bottle neck to a different stage of the process.

HubSpot may prove me wrong and put this onto the development timetable, but in my last conversation with them they were grateful that we were building the integration and advised me that it wasn't going on the roadmap any time soon.

I only mention all this so that those of you who are waiting for HubSpot to deliver this functionality can make some decisions. I have clients that have already saved hundreds of hours through this integration and it has well and truly paid for itself in labour costs saved (and morale) of admin staff that are copying data from one system to another (which only gets worse the more successful you are with growing the business).

I didn't intend this to be a rant, just an explanation of why this integration is challenging for HubSpot to build and meet the needs of those who want it.

Feel free to send any questions you have to me at samantha@inboundaddons.com

darynsmith
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

I totally agree with Sam - the integration we have developed is also morphing based on client requirements. 

For example, we've just done one for a client with 4 different Xero accounts syncing from 1 HubSpot Pipeline. 

It's probably worth checking out both what Sam's can do, as well as ours - just reach out to daryn.smith@mpull.com or setup a meeting directly with Graeme here: https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/graemewilson

jmante
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

Your requests have been heard! My name is Jingo and I'm a Product Manager at HubSpot. I'm looking to understand more about these requests and really dive into the details.

If you're interested in potentially being interviewed regarding this integration, then please fill out this form

Thanks so much for your valuable feedback. We're working on it Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Jingo

gil1001
Top Contributor

Xero integration would be very helpful for us

KalebMertz
Participant | Partner

@jmante Definitely would love a hubspot integration to Xero. Surprised this doesn't exist yet. Keep us updated!

Bryantlr

A true seamless integration with our global accounting software is critical before we fully adopt Hubspot in our growing business.  Seems like there is no feedback that I notice on this.   

OLL_CM

Hi - adding another request for a proper Hubspot/Xero integration! Tx

EchoBarrier

Hi

Any update when this will be avaliable?

mguyetsky
Participant

Would love to see Hubspot and Xero Integration with workflow max

Sam_Alford
Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @mguyetsky,

FYI I have built a fairly comprehensive integration with Workflow Max (Xero Practice Manager) recently.  I’d be happy to have a chat with you about it to see if it could help you out.

You can email me at support@inboundaddons.com if you’re interested.

Cheers,

Samantha

webdoers

We've just found this which is working perfectly. It's a paid plugin but pretty inexpensive if Xero is necessary. Creates invoices too right from HS: https://xerosync.engaging.io

If the link gets redacted (might be if seen as spammy) PM me for details.

patricko
Participant

A large upvote for a native Xero integration here.

insightful

Any progress on the invoice history feature?

Keeping

It would be really useful if approved quotes could be automatically pushed through to your chosen invoicing software (especially Xero), ready for approval and sending to a client.