HubSpot Ideas

asoconnor

Would love "Edit" option for scheduled emails

Would love to have an "edit" button for scheduled emails instead of having to delete the email entirely and re-schedule. Thanks!

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
February 26, 2024 03:35 PM

Hi everyone! I am updating this idea to Being Reviewed as we consider if we'll be able to deliver it this year.

Status atualizado para: Not Currently Planned
March 11, 2021 04:21 PM

Hi everyone - Thanks so much for your comments and engagements on this thread. We take your feedback very seriously and have been tracking the popularity of this request. We don't currently have the bandwidth to tackle this work right now, so I'm updating the status of this idea to reflect that, and clear up any confusion. Apologies that it's not better news, but I will be back here with an update if and when we are able to move forward with this!

61 Comentários
duffydj
Membro

Hi there.

Since last week when a new update kicked in and moved all the scheduled emails from the Gmail Drafts folder to a new Scheduled folder, I'm having issues with hubspot.

I can't delete the scheduled emails or even edit them. When I click on the Gmail Scheduled Email folder it takes me to an external page and I only have two options there: one to preview the scheduled email and the second to the delete it. However, I can't even delete it, as it says I'm not allowed to do it.

Any ideas why this is happening?

So, how can I edit the scheduled emails, if I spot something is wrong, and how can I cancel the scheduled emails or change the sent out time?

It was so much easier and trouble free before. 

Thanks.

StefanNordbruch
Participante

I have noticed the same thing. This "feature" is very much half-baked. Having it in drafts seemed always a bit buggy and often cancelled the schedule and re-scheduled, but at least I could edit it. Having a "preview" of a scheduled email without an option to edit it, is not particularly useful. I can't even add or remove a recipient.

This feature went from bad to worse. 

Any Hubspotler working on this feature, please have a look MixMax to see how it should work. 

SamuelSt
Membro

We really do need an edit on scheduled emails!

See MixMax! https://mixmax.com/perfect-timing-with-scheduled-emails/

smfnunes
Participante

I also realised the scheduled e-mails don't appear anymore in the sent emails in Gmail... it makes things quite complicated when we need to do a follow-up !

BeccaArmistead
HubSpot Employee

I would suggest upvoting this idea post if you'd like to see this feature added - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Would-love-quot-Edit-quot-option-for-scheduled-emails...

smfnunes
Participante

The recommended idea post doesn't match my issue: the scheduled e-mails don't appear anymore in the sent emails in Gmail... it makes things quite complicated when we need to do a follow-up !

jeffmccann
Membro

I agree this is a huge problem! I schedule dozens of emails at night for sales the next day depending on time zones. Really need a way to edit them. 

jeffmccann
Membro

This is more of a bug than a feature Hubspot, you took this functionality away from users. 

duffydj
Membro

This is more of a bug than a feature Hubspot, you took this functionality away from users.  +1

duffydj
Membro

Before the update we could this easily. Now it's gone.

jrbarshop1
Membro

Completely agree with the above. 

We also had the ability to edit within Gmail and are now being directed to Hubspot's Outbox.

My concern is that if this bug is fixed, I'll only be able to edit with the Hubspot Outbox and not within Gmail (which causes formatting issues for me).

supershnee
Participante

The latest update broke the ability to edit emails that are scheduled.

This is a big nuisance. There is no easy way to get the scheduled email back again either. It is deleted from Gmail when it is sent to Hubspot, so to edit the email, it needs to be re-copied from HubSpot, reformatted if the copy doesn't preserve formatting, and attachments need to be re-uploaded.

It would be great if Gmail kept a copy of the email that is scheduled on HubSpot, so it can easily be edited on Gmail and re-scheduled if the originally scheduled email needs to be deleted so a modified version can be scheduled. This was a fairly common workflow for me.

ivantheeditor
Participante

I thought I was missing something or because I'm a free member I don't have that option but I see I'm not the only one. Not being able to edit a scheduled email is a big no no for me.

isabellelevi
Membro

I can't even delete the scheduled email at all. Now my client is going to recieve an email that was not meant for them to recieve! This is a huge problem! When I click delete it is still there and won't go away!! Please respond ASAP!

Skogluft
Participante

One of the underlying problems with email and Hubspot is that they rely on bcc to log emails instead of a native imap integration. Other competitors mostly use native imap and sync seemlessly. That way you can easily also create drafts, edit emails etc. I think hubspot has developed themselves into a corner they have problems getting out of..

You should expect the following from any CRM in 2019:

- save drafts

- edit emails (reschedule, edit text, edit anything)

- send email to lists

- full sync of emails in/out using imap ( flagged this to management 3 years ago. seems little has happened).

- outbound and inbound calls in the browser (not just outbound).

- localization that works (now swedish localization of dates and numbers also mix swedish words with english in descriptions and headings etc.. very strange)

GK_Ruby
Participante

Agree with the previous. This ought to be a bug fix, not a feature request.

Either way, get it done Hubspot.

MatteoBirò
Membro

I agree 100%. It's a shame such option is not available yet

BMay
Membro

Yes, having an "edit" button for scheduled emails is a must have. Please include this in the beta.

sgore
Membro

Kind of a no-brainer....

JD1
Membro

Totally agree!

I had to copy an email into Outlook, then find the additional content before going back to Hubspot, delete and start again.

This is a step backwards, not forwards!