HubSpot Ideas

AEL

Workflows with a repeating action

I want to start a new Workflow with a List, add a delay of 30 days, then send an internal email, then delay again for 30 more days. I want it to repeat over and over again as long as a Contact remains on that List. We'd like to use it to remind staff to reach out to certain Contacts regularly. 

33 Comentarios
brentstach
Participante

Love this idea. 

plllmg
Participante

we would make use of this as well

techguardnathan
Participante

This would be game changing!

Cait_
Participante

THIS TIMES A MILLION. I would love to be able to create a loop via a workflow and it just keeps looping until the workflow is disabled OR tie the loop to a property of some kind so as long as the property is set to one of the triggers, the workflow just loops until the property is changed.

Use Case:

We want to make contact with all of our customers every 30 days. I want to create a workflow that will auto generate a task/ticket to prompt the user responsible for making contact every 30 days, as long as the company has the customer status property set to "active customer". I don't want to have to build a bunch of steps manually or chain a bunch of workflows together.

SC_Landvoice
Participante

I also need the ability to loop workflows.

JeremyHong
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

Here's a pretty simple workaround to loop workflows. I've built this to send internal reminder emails for one of our clients. Of course, you can replace that step with whatever you want to occur on a regular basis.

The workaround uses 2 separate workflows and a custom date property (ie. Send Date)

Whoever I manually enroll into Workflow 1 will receive the email in Workflow 2 on a recurring basis that I'm able to set using a single delay.

Workflow 1:

• Enrollment Trigger=manually
  • Step 1=Clear the contact custom date property (Send Date)
  • Step 2=Delay action by the # of days/weeks/months you want to wait before workflow #2 recurs
  • Step 3=Set contact property value > (Send Date) > Date of step
  • Turn it on

Workflow 2:

• Enrollment Trigger=Contact property "send date" is known; Re-enrollment=yes, when Send Date is known
  • Step 1=delay 1 minute
  • Step 2=send internal email (or whatever you want repeated)
  • Step 3=Enroll into Workflow 1
  • Turn it on

I've tested this by using 1 minute delays – worked like a charm.

ridingforlife
Colaborador líder

+1

Also need the ability to do a loop within a workflow, until a condition is met.

EduardoMetahui
Miembro

Maybe You can Hack that! 
Make 2 workflows, 
Establish the options and actions that you want, in the final of the workflow enroll the other, and the second contain the same process and enroll with the first workflow. 

This is like a loop, but with two workflows. 

Estado actualizado a: Being Reviewed
jtremblay
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jesse Tremblay, Product Manager for our Automation products here at HubSpot. Thanks for all of your feedback on this thread.

While we don't currently have anything planned here, we are going to be reviewing this idea. We will update this thread as we learn more.

Best,

Jesse

cericson
Miembro

+1 from me. We'd like to incentivize our BDRs to follow-up with MQLs in a timely fashion. Since our routing is a flat round robin, we'd like to re-route any MQL that still has a 'Lead Status' of "New" after 24 business hours. 

thanhsavincom
Miembro

This is the reason we paid for our package on HubSpot, the automation that helps us do the work. Unfortunately, until now our main goal is not achievable on the platform. Our objective is to base on the contract end date of A Company (as we are a B2B model), then send them a reminder email every 3 months until that end date. 

Hope that this could be sorted as soon as possible

cvalverde
Participante

We need this feature! Please add!

DanDow
HubSpot Employee

I have had a customer reach out to us in Support to inquire about this feature. They have also the need to set up a workflow that if the initial task has not been accomplished and a follow up email has been sent then the contact should be re-enrolled into the workflow.

@yogev@say2eats.com

robertriversoz
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

Yes, I need this to create recurrent surveys!!

BastiSchuhl
Colaborador líder

I would love to see this feature for Deal-based Workflows as well. Currently, HS is preventing an "infinite loop" Workflows. In some use cases these infinite loops are exactly what we're looking for though. So, having the possibility to re-enroll deals to the same workflow over and over again until a certain goal (or "unenrolment criteria") is met would be amazing! 

Aspyro
Miembro

I would also need it

steinarslatten
Participante

I'd like to +1 what @BastiSchuhl describes. This is exactly the use-case. Right now we have to rubber-band a workaround using several workflows (and possibly lists) to get a simple feature. 

NJenkinsLC
Participante

Would love it we could do this with a series of emails. 

So, stage : 

Send email #1, if reply, create a deal, if unopened, send email #2, repeat

So, loop, but email n+1 each time

NJenkinsLC
Participante

@JeremyHong Can you do your workflow, but use separate emails for each repeat? Ie: Email #n+1 each time?

JeremyHong
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

@NJenkinsLC It's been a while, but I'd imagine the scenario you described in your other comment, "Send email #1, if reply, create a deal, if unopened, send email #2, repeat," is doable. Can't really be fore sure without trying it myself, but try testing it out by replacing the one email in my workflows (workflow #2, action #2) with the logic for your workflow.