HubSpot Ideas

ulissesdias

Workflows based on company list membership

It would be fantastic if we could trigger workflows based on the new company list membership feature. This is already available for contact workflows with contact lists, but for some reason not available for companies.

It would make life a lot easier as it is much easier to edit/update filters in a list than in a workflow.

HubSpot Updates
February 14, 2022 07:10 AM

Hi @awright415 ,

Unfortunately we've run into an unexpected technical limitation and will need to rethink how we might support company list re-enrollment in the future. Re-enrollment limitations and workflow triggers are a problem space that are top of mind for our team this year, though I don't have a specific timeline for a solution to this company list re-enrollment use case. I'm curious to hear more about the custom object roadblocks too, are they also related to triggering workflows? Feel free to send me a direct message if you'd like to discuss that further.

Best,

Megan

Delivered
June 07, 2021 12:09 PM

Hi again,

This feature is now live to all customers!

In company workflows, you'll now see an enrollment trigger category for List Membership. Select that category, then the company list you care about. Company List Membership triggers are not currently supported for re-enrollment, but we're working on adding that functionality as well.

If you have any questions or feedback please let me know.

Thank you,

Megan

In Beta
June 01, 2021 06:12 AM

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to submit, vote and comment on this Idea. My name is Megan, and I’m a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. 

I'm happy to announce that this feature is now In Beta. 

In company workflows, you'll now see an enrollment trigger category for List Membership. Select the company list you care about, and choose if you want to trigger automation for companies that are a member of that list, or ones that are not. Company List Membership triggers are not currently supported for re-enrollment, but we're working on adding that functionality as well.

If you'd like early access to the feature, please send me a message with your portal ID.

Thank you,

Megan

14 Replies
JJCC

This is the feature we are looking for as well. We want to use list memberships of companies in workflows and dashboards and filters.

MarijnAIHR
Participant

Just noticed now this is missing, upvoted the idea since it should be super easy to implement

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi commenting for a customer here,

Always curious why we don't allow company list as a trigger since we do provide both contact and company list. This would be really useful (:

emhall810

Was really surprised when I found out that this capability doesn't exist. Was looking to add contacts to a list based on their company list status and had no luck, so then I turned to workflows to build a workaround and was shut down there as well.

It has me thinking - is there a reason that this capability shouldn't be available? Because I can't think of one.

CMayer
Contributor

Yes, this is essential. We want to do the same as @emhall810 . have you found a workaround?

MMDL

This is so necessary

Any workaround idea?
I can think of having a new property for a new specific workflow, but it wont work automatic for every time a company is added to the list

MMDL

And not sure if should be related to hubspot of Zapier, but also there is no option to trigger zaps when a company is new to a list, this could be a workaround but ...

jenguyen
Participant

This would be super useful for company-based workflows!

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to submit, vote and comment on this Idea. My name is Megan, and I’m a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. 

I'm happy to announce that this feature is now In Beta. 

In company workflows, you'll now see an enrollment trigger category for List Membership. Select the company list you care about, and choose if you want to trigger automation for companies that are a member of that list, or ones that are not. Company List Membership triggers are not currently supported for re-enrollment, but we're working on adding that functionality as well.

If you'd like early access to the feature, please send me a message with your portal ID.

Thank you,

Megan

MMDL

Hi Megan,

We would like to take advantage of the early access for comany workflows
enrollment

thanks in advance

Mario Medina De Luca

Cicerone® Certified Beer Server ■ BJCP Certified Judge ■ Doemens Beer
Sommelier

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi again,

This feature is now live to all customers!

In company workflows, you'll now see an enrollment trigger category for List Membership. Select that category, then the company list you care about. Company List Membership triggers are not currently supported for re-enrollment, but we're working on adding that functionality as well.

If you have any questions or feedback please let me know.

Thank you,

Megan

DMcCarthy
Participant

Hello - 

I am wondering if the re-enrollment capability is still being implemented? I have a workflow that is triggered off of an active list membership for companies, so as I understand they would only enroll in the workflow the first time they join that list, but if the company were to drop from the list and rejoin at a later date, they would not be re-enrolled in the workflow since those properties are not available for re-enrollment. Is that correct?

awright415
Contributor

@MeganLeggeWhat's the latest on Company list membership as a re-enrollment criteria? We're trying to use contact and company lists to work around several Custom Object roadblocks, and I thought I had an acceptable fix worked out until I realized company list membership isn't eligible for re-enrollment.

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @awright415 ,

Unfortunately we've run into an unexpected technical limitation and will need to rethink how we might support company list re-enrollment in the future. Re-enrollment limitations and workflow triggers are a problem space that are top of mind for our team this year, though I don't have a specific timeline for a solution to this company list re-enrollment use case. I'm curious to hear more about the custom object roadblocks too, are they also related to triggering workflows? Feel free to send me a direct message if you'd like to discuss that further.

Best,

Megan