HubSpot Ideas

mikeabowles

Workflows assign task to Task Queue

Workflows with the action "Create a task" should also have the option for the task to be assigned to a specific task queue.

80 Replies
Hawk-Steve
Top Contributor

+1 from me.

I would also like to see this when creating tasks manually for other users. You can create a queue for tasks in the task creator panel, but if the tasks are not assigned to you it won't create the queue for that user or assign the tasks to an existing queue.

kyle2
Participant

+1 This would also be useful in tasks created with sequences. The queues are currently created manually by individuals and don't allow collaboration from others/automation which they absolutely should to be effective.

perkelator
Participant | Platinum Partner

+1 Totally agree with everything said here. Huge impediment to flow.

Hawk-Steve
Top Contributor

Hopefully, it's ok with HS to mention this. Happy to remove if not! 

Had a call with the product team yesterday about tasks and queues, we discussed the features and functionality I would like to see from Task Queues. I mentioned this idea for you lot on top of the things discussed, I believe expanding the task queues' functionality is on their to-do list. Maybe we will see this go into Beta in the coming months

darmlinatchaos
Participant

Fantastic, hope so too.  This would be a powerful way to automate and drive productivity. 

Fraser
Participant

Yes please! This would be fantastic! That way I can set up a task queue for my team, which I am otherwise unable to do.

brkn
Participant

Yes please

asimonmw

I think there are a few things here to make tasks added via workflows much MUCH more useful

1. allow me to set the same type of due dates, like 1 business day, etc. Currently in workflow task create, its too basic. 

2. Allow us to create team queues so that then you could add tasks directly into queues but have them be assigned still to diff team members.

erikhollander

I thought I was kinda blind not seeing this functionality for automated workflow created task queues additions.

Can't believe this is an open request for so long.

Yes please!

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Upvote - We are trying to drive the efficiency of the reps yet we have a "Manual" process to add your tasks to queues, this would be a great step forward. 

fujisun
Participant | Diamond Partner

It would be great if we could create a task queue by workflow.

Often we try to approach to a customer who is more likely will be "closed won", therefore, it is important to prioritize each deals/customers.Currently it is not possible to create a task queue by automation.

Moneyball

+1 Would be super helpful. 

igroup

This would be super helpful.  There is no way for me to associate a specific swim lane with a checklist (like you can do on Trello).  I'd like to be able to see what tasks I need to accomplish when a ticket is in a swim lane so I'm aware of my progress.  It would be great if that checklist also had tasks which would get added into a queue

holodan
Participant

This would make automations and processes much more easier! please make that happen

jm
Contributor

I'd love to see this - automation of tasks is a bit messy without this

Cyno
Participant

100% agree... manual task creation/queue assigning is counter-productive.

eddyswindell

Please put this in place Hubspot!

Richard_yellow
Participant

Please add. This will greatly improve the whole task workflow process 

MRF-Furnaces
Participant

This would definitely be helpful. 

ashleeflooret

My team would benefit greatly from this feature. In our case, it makes a lot more sense if task queues can be team-wide rather than user-specific. Or maybe there can be an option for the task queue to be public or private?

In any case, I need to set up a workflow to automatically add customers over 60 days old to a call queue for our entire Support team to work out of when they have downtime. Right now, there's no way for me to do this. I have a workflow set up to create a task for these customers but these tasks currently go nowhere and get lost since I can't throw them into a queue that everyone can check.