HubSpot Ideas

frazerbarnett

Workflows - Contracts/Products

Hey Everybody, 

I was just talking with Cabrini from HubSpot support about a workflow Idea I was trying to create which didn't seem possible. 

I was trying to do the following...

1) If a deal is Closed won and the date is known

2) it then follows a pre-defined workflow that will 

a) look at the product on the deal

b) look at the term of that product

3) Then it will populate a custom field 'Contract End Date'

4) Perhaps then create a task for the Deal owner to re-contract 60 days before contract end date

5) another task in parallel with a checklist of things to do now the deal is complete such as send invoice, send onboarding information and schedule onboarding call.

This whole work flow would be ace if the product list was global and able to be viewed at all levels such as contact, company and deal! 

Please upvote this idea as it seems to have value for all! 

Thanks

Frazer

2 Replies
ClintonOgilvie

I like the idea of contract to termination date on the contract. There may be variance on that in so much as a customer can be reselling products with varying contract lenghts. Meaning they could sell a hosted PBX to one customer for 12 months and to another for 36. This is the only variance I can see. 

AndyPurple
Participant

It would be great to be able to do this, we have a mix of onboarding and retained services - the onboarding isn't going to be repeated in the subsequent year, but the individual retained products could be.

So that renewal would be applicable only to those with a contract end date and ignore those where it's a one-off event.