HubSpot Ideas

GlennMillerLupo

Workflow titles or descriptions for easier collaboration and note taking

Most HubSpot portals with marketing professional are likely to have a large volume of workflows buildup overtime. Whilst a workflow name or label  should adequately describe each workflow, Open times this is not possible with so few characters. 

It would be helpful if we could add a sentence or two describing each workflow, to appear below the workflow title in the workflows list.

This would also reduce time needed to drill into a workflow and work out what's actually going on where are such a descriptor would save such time

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
October 14, 2022 10:55 AM

Hi, Everyone,

The new Workflows Description features for all workflow types were released Monday, 10/10/22! Please let us know if you have any additional feedback for Workflow Descriptions.

Thank you,

Jess

In Planning
September 21, 2022 12:58 PM

Hi, Everyone, 

I'm Jess, a product manager on HubSpot's Automations team. I want to thank all of you for providing feedback on this topic. I am happy to share that our team is actively working on adding descriptions for all workflow types. Also, descriptions will be visible on the workflows Index page as column (as well as in the Export), and on the workflow Details page. These updates should be available sometime in Q4 2022. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. I will update this idea when the features are delivered!

Thank you,

Jess

3 Replies
andrewcwc

This would absolutely be a huge benefit, i.e. to have a free type text field, the contents of which would then appear under the workflow title. Nice succinct way of summarising what the workflows do and what their intent is.

JHartnagle
HubSpot Product Team

Hi, Everyone, 

I'm Jess, a product manager on HubSpot's Automations team. I want to thank all of you for providing feedback on this topic. I am happy to share that our team is actively working on adding descriptions for all workflow types. Also, descriptions will be visible on the workflows Index page as column (as well as in the Export), and on the workflow Details page. These updates should be available sometime in Q4 2022. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. I will update this idea when the features are delivered!

Thank you,

Jess

JHartnagle
HubSpot Product Team

Hi, Everyone,

The new Workflows Description features for all workflow types were released Monday, 10/10/22! Please let us know if you have any additional feedback for Workflow Descriptions.

Thank you,

Jess