HubSpot Ideas

StephanieR

Workflow testing: Enroll Test Contact or make testing better

When testing a WorkFlow using the 'Test* button you are not able to 'Act out' different scenarios to see of your different actions/components of the WorkFlow is working as intended. 
To test this, I have enrolled test-subjects/contact from fictional contacts to make sure everything is okay. After I have done my testing, these actions should not be part of the WorkFlow. But I am not able to delete my history in the WorkFlow. 
Only option is to create a copy and delete this workflow. 

Suggestion: 

1. Be able to delete history or contact(+ actions) to take out testing analysis of the WorkFlow performance. 
2. Create a better testing environment for the workflow, where you can enroll test contact(s), if you switch on "Test". 

HubSpot-Updates
September 14, 2023 11:19 AM

Hi @StephanieR & @talar_dikijian,

Over the next few weeks, we’re hoping to chat with Workflows users for a paid research study on Workflow testing.

Here's how this works:

• We'll schedule a 45-60 minute call sometime in the next few weeks
  • We'll chat through a Zoom video link that we’ll send you
  • You will interact with a prototype and give detailed feedback, so have your computer ready and click the link to join

Fill out this short survey if you're interested in participating: Complete the survey

We’ll be in touch with further details if you match the criteria for this study. Once you complete the research study, you will be sent a $75 gift card through BHN rewards to thank you for your time and valuable feedback.

Please note that by participating in this research study, you acknowledge and agree to HubSpot's User Research Participation Agreement.

Thank you!

Megan Legge

Product Manager, Workflows

2 Kommentare
talar_dikijian
Mitglied

Hi Stephanie, I agree. I create fictional contacts to be able to see lead capture creation sequences and make sure they work and properties get populated etc. Being able to categorize these contacts as such would be great .

MeganLegge
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi @StephanieR & @talar_dikijian,

Over the next few weeks, we’re hoping to chat with Workflows users for a paid research study on Workflow testing.

Here's how this works:

• We'll schedule a 45-60 minute call sometime in the next few weeks
  • We'll chat through a Zoom video link that we’ll send you
  • You will interact with a prototype and give detailed feedback, so have your computer ready and click the link to join

Fill out this short survey if you're interested in participating: Complete the survey

We’ll be in touch with further details if you match the criteria for this study. Once you complete the research study, you will be sent a $75 gift card through BHN rewards to thank you for your time and valuable feedback.

Please note that by participating in this research study, you acknowledge and agree to HubSpot's User Research Participation Agreement.

Thank you!

Megan Legge

Product Manager, Workflows