HubSpot Ideas

landers_210

Workflow Undo Option

It would be nice to have an undo button in Workflows, similar to emails. Sometimes we will edit a workflow and then quickly decide we want to revert back to the original creation. It's hard to remember what has to be changed back, especially for more complex workflows.

66 Comentarios
toricook
Colaborador líder

I agree! Sometimes I might be playing in workflows and delete a branch or specific actions only to realize later I really did want it that way. 🙂 A quick undo option would be a nice thing to have while building workflows.

miguelangel
Miembro

I agree too, perhaps it would be helpfull a detailed log of activity done, that let us see what we did, to better understunding of every step and posible bug. And specially about the existing contacts before subscribed and deleted in a unintentitoned change.

markjnorman
Miembro

I agree, there needs to be an undo option for workflow changes or a revisions log so we can see what has changed and revert back if need be.

Rotemgal
Participante

There is no option to undo a workflow. If you mess things up, well, you are f*ed.

Anyway, there is a manual process that can help.

1. Create a list for the workflow you have done (list membership = workflow name)
  2. Go into every contact, manually -> Actions -> View property History -> Find the previous record
  3. Change Manually OR if you are lucky enough, create a workflow that will copy the previous value (if exists and copy it to the changed field)

Good luck

danieldirks
Participante

Great idea!

adamhopkins
Miembro

1000% agree. I just made an edit by mistake which has delted 52 further instructions... oh how I wish I could click undo. Or even restore old versions from the workflows histroy. Please HubSpot, make this happen!

cjcooper1983
Participante

Completely agree with this, just deleted a branch by mistake and can't revert. They kindly tell you a revision history with no way of restoring which is like a slap in the face of "oh yeah this is what you had".

If you won't offer an undo button at least force a manual save!

Rachel74
Colaborador

Totally agree. This is definitely needed. 

Jricci11
Participante

In addition - since there is access to a revision history in workflows, the ability to revert to a previous version and/or clone a previous version would be exceptionally helpful. 

HaleyEHI
Miembro

Just wanted to agree with everyone on this thread. Mistakes happen and an easy "revert" option would be so handy.

fabiogomesds
Participante

Someone deleted 90% of my workflow accidentally, I can see on the historical record, but I can not undo the change. Is it possible to do it anyway? Do I need to redo everything?

BetheBean
Miembro

I put together a simple guide on how to revert  HubSpot properties that were changed by Workflows. It involves exporting and reimporting, but it does the trick to save you the headache until there is a quick "undo" feature available.

IBarnabas
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

Same here.  Accidentally deleted a part of a workflow. Please work on "undo" button, since this happens a lot.

dsecareanu
Colaborador líder | Partner

A solution to fix unwanted workflow changes here (export property history, import previous propery value):

https://bethebean.com/blog/how-to-revert-hubspot-workflow-property-changes/

mariakorr
Miembro

Hello @landers_210 @IBarnabas @fabiogomesds @toricook @miguelangel !

I'm a product manager at Rewind.com. We're currently building a backup and restore solution that will allow you to undo the broken workflows. I'd love to have a chat with you to understand your HubSpot backup and restore needs. Here's my email, please feel free to reach out to me: maria.korolenko[at]rewind.io

Here's more information on backup for HubSpot: https://rewind.com/products/backups/hubspot/

For reference - Rewind is a leader in backup/rollback for SaaS like Shopify, BigCommerce, Quickbooks, Github and Trello.

AElz
Miembro

I find it a bit ridiculous that there is an option to see the history of a HubSpot workflow but no way to do a backup...

GabrielaM
Miembro

100% agreed! 

Ineshuergo1
Miembro

Vote for this idea!! Undo, or be able to restore previous versions will be fantastic!

PVignon
Miembro

Let's do it please !!!!

Rongen
Colaborador

I agree to this. It's 2022 already. Hubspot team - please add this undo/revert feature or by clicking from the history.