HubSpot Ideas

ndwilliams3

Workflow Step Notes

Workflows can be complex and it would be great it you could add notes to a step to explain what it's doing for other members on the team.

In programming, you leave comments in the code to help explain a function, why not have something similar in workflows.

Actualizaciones de HubSpot
January 08, 2021 06:31 AM

Hi all,

An exciting update for this feature! You can now add @ mentions when using comments on workflow actions, which will trigger notifications to the mentioned person.

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 8.45.27 AM.png

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Best,

Megan

Estado actualizado a: Delivered
September 03, 2020 05:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

Workflow action Comments are now live to all customers 🎉

We're actively working on adding @ mentioning capabilities to this feature, so keep an eye out for that coming soon.

We're also working with other teams as HubSpot to enable a workflow-level commenting system, that's not tied to any specific action, but rather references the workflow itself as a whole. 

Follow up question for feedback: Currently, workflow action level comments will not carry over if a workflow is cloned. If anyone has thoughts about this (is that good? bad? why?) I'd love to hear more from you, please comment or send me a direct message.

Thank you!

Megan

Estado actualizado a: In Beta
August 19, 2020 01:00 PM

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your input on this idea! We now have this feature in beta: Add a comment to any workflow action.

add a commentadd a comment

Please fill out this form if you'd like access, and feel free to send me a direct message if you have any questions or feedback to share!

Best,

Megan

July 06, 2020 10:06 AM

Hello again,

Anyone else interested in providing feedback on our team's plan for the above, proposed feature of adding notes to workflow actions, I invite you to check out some designs & fill out this 3 question survey (it will take only a few minutes of your time):  

Thank you!
Megan

Estado actualizado a: In Planning
June 22, 2020 01:29 PM

Hi all,

I'm Megan, another product manager for the workflows tool. In follow up to Jesse's update above, we've put this feature on our roadmap and are actively making plans for introducing this. If anyone here would be open to answering some follow up questions about their thoughts and ideas for this feature, please send me a direct message  Emoticono feliz

Best,

Megan

Estado actualizado a: Being Reviewed
May 18, 2020 01:06 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jesse Tremblay, Product Manager for our Automation products here at HubSpot. Thanks for all the feedback and ideas in this thread. It's really helpful for us to understand some critical gaps.

We definitely appreciate how complex workflows can become, especially with all the added functionality & use-cases, as well as when collaborating with others. While we don't have a specific solution planned for this now, we are going to review this and figure out where it fits in priority. We will update this thread as we figure things out.

Best,

Jesse

44 Comentarios
cathylamberth
Miembro

Megan,

Thanks for the update on the progress of this feature. 

When I initially read your message, I thought not carrying the comments over when cloned makes sense, But as I began to think it through, I'm thinking that also cloning the comments and appending (clone) at the end like other cloned items could be helpful. If someone has taken the time to make comments/document aspects of the workflow and then clone that workflow there must be aspects of that workflow that will remain the same so the comments would be relevant.  And, by appending (clone) the user would need to review and update as appropriate. 

MeganLegge
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi all,

An exciting update for this feature! You can now add @ mentions when using comments on workflow actions, which will trigger notifications to the mentioned person.

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 8.45.27 AM.png

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Best,

Megan

JStadsvold
Miembro

Yes! This would be extremely helpful for new team members who have not been around for the history of our existing workflows!

Participante

comments would be better if they operated more like stickynotes.