HubSpot Ideas

MikeD

Workflow Issue: Allow us to choose business days, not just days.

When creating workflows, if I have it create a task, it lets you set the due date to 2 days from task creation. However when you create a task manually, you can set it to 2 BUSINESS days from task creation. The problem this is causing is some automated tasks are landing on Saturdays and Sundays.

It was recommended that I post here about this so that it could possibly be added as a workflow feature.

Response from Customer Support:

Thank you for reaching out to HubSpot support. You are correct that there is no option in creating tasks in a workflow so that days will automatically be counted in business days, and would definitely recommend posting on our ideas forum about this issue. That being said, there is an option in the settings tab of the workflow builder to only allow actions to execute Monday-Friday. Depending on the workflow setup you have, you could create a delay prior to the task that will trap contacts until a week day, at which point a task will be created. This obviously is not an ideal outcome, as depending on how you set up your delays, this could still lead to tasks with due dates on the weekend, however this additional option may be a viable way to avoid this from happening in most instances depending on whether or not the workflow needs some actions to execute on the weekend, so I wanted to follow up with this suggestion. Other than that, the only way to set up tasks with business day options at this time is through the standard tasks tool under Sales.

31 Replies
sockclub
Participant

I also agree that this would be incredibly useful!!

superadmin-mak
Participant

Please develop this function asap. Workflows with automated tasks which ending on saturday is not good! Also for statistics if u dont work on saturday

benrounds

+1 on this idea. We want our email campaigns developed in workflows to allow for limits to business days to easily avoid weekend emails.

TheoB
Participant

Yes please do this - the options should be consistent with the manual task setting!

rraven
Participant

This is fundamental. Business hours/days is the way SO many of us work. Please get this in action.

Crossroads-Comm

Agreed! Have had many issues in setting up workflows and every support person we have talked to gives us a slightly different answer or mentions another set-up step we should have completed. The option of having a date picker where we could choose "send the 2nd email on [month, day] would eliminate a lot of frustration, errors, and guesswork.

CoJoGo

This is an important feature to have, and its absence limits our ability to deliver our messages at the most relevant times. 

AlexVerrills

Crazy this isnt default since this is a system designed for business

KMace
Participant

I'm making a workflow to force a deal to closed lost if certain things don't happen in time. I want to wait 3 business days before checking to see if they're done so that's similar to this request, but adding the option of selecting business days in workflows is becoming more important for us.

SKoscik

This is an important one and fairly basic ask. +1 here, also!

SBezlyudova
Participant

+1. very good idea

jm
Contributor

really need this now! I was surprised not to find this as an option.

MatthieuDumont
Participant

aaaaaah I absolutely need this. To notify reps it is currently a nightmare if they have a limited amount of days to do something... 

SamwiseM

+1 

We need this feature as well. 

TCareccio

NEED THIS!!!!!!!!!!

sarahiswright

I'd love to see this added as well. We want to send out emails in a timely fashion the day after the order has been received. However we have to allow for customers who place orders on Fridays that ship on Mondays, so ALL emails have to be delayed several days to account for this. Please let us choose business days!

EChampy
Participant

+1

maryanneLeadG2
Member | Diamond Partner

We need this!

SPaterson3

Hi HS developers - this idea has been in the pipeline since 2019 yet feedback is consistent across your client base that we need this feature. Can we get some traction on this soon and if not when is the expected ETA to commence.

EChampy
Participant

I believe it works now
I was able to chose precisely when I wanted action to be taken on my workflow parameters