HubSpot Ideas

bellawu

Workflow Error Notifications

Receive a notification for whenever one of my workflows encounters an error.

This would avoid missing leads in real time due to undetected errors.

http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/15774616-workflow-error-noti...

102 Replies
JHartnagle
HubSpot Product Team

Hi, Everyone,

I'm Jess, a product manager on HubSpot's Automation team. Thank you all for your input for this idea. I'm excited to share the product team is actively working on workflow error notifications, along with some other error management enhancements! If you are interested in participating in the Beta (it will likley be later this year) for workflow error notifications, as well as for other workflow error management features, please contact me directly at jhartnagle@hubspot.com.

Again, thank you all for your feedback!

Best,

Jess

JdeRocquigny
Contributor

I completely agree!  This is very much needed!

sara_ophoff

YES! Would love this feature too. We always find out Workflow Errors delayed. Not ideal! 

laurabren
Contributor

Hello @JHartnagle . Checking to see if there have been any updates to add this to the roadmap? We just experienced a pretty major issue due to a workflow error flying under the radar.

JHartnagle
HubSpot Product Team
Hi, Everyone,

We are working on a series of error management improvements in 2023,
including notifications. The first improvement (it's not notifications)
will be out of beta and available to everyone next week. It includes
additional information about workflows with errors, along with the ability
to clear the workflow from the workflows with errors list
<>.
Error Notifications is coming - I will definitely update this group with
beta details when it's ready. I appreciate all your insights and patience.

Best,
Jess
nlafakis
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

O.M.G.

Just being able to clear workflow error notifications.... that is HUUUUUUGE!!!! Very long awaited for sure!

Very much looking forward to the new improvements in '23! Gonna be a BIG year!!!

THANK YOU DEV TEAM!!!! & Jess!

ClaireRaymond
Contributor | Diamond Partner

@JHartnagle Keen to hear updates on this one when the Beta is available! 🙂

Ben-Mitchell

+1 to this idea. Would love to test the beta for one of my clients.

ElBr
Participant

I really need this!! Impossible to go over all our critical workflows every day making sure there's no errors. 

EOjei
Participant

Hello, any update on getting error notifcations?

JHartnagle
HubSpot Product Team

👋 Everyone,

We released the next iteration of workflow issue/error management to public beta last week. With this update you can set preferences for the types of workflow issues you want to monitor. You can choose to ignore trivial issues indefinitely, while critical issues can be set for review every time they occur. You can also set preferences to review specific workflow issues on certain dates or after set time periods. The preferences you set will determine what shows up for review on the tab on the main workflows page. We expect this feature to go to an automated rollout for everyone begin using it next week. If you would like to join the public beta this week, go to Product Updates > Early Access > [Public Beta] Workflows - Issue Details Panel with Reminders.

The next iteration of workflow issue/error management is workflow notifications.

Question regarding workflow notifications for anyone who would like to share feedback: Is there a prefered channel through which you would like to receive notifications about workflow issues?  Slack, email, in-app, mobile app, any other channels? I appreciate your feedback!

Thank you,

Jess

jhartnagle@hubspot.com

sjunnila
Member | Partner

Hi @JHartnagle - we would appreciate notifications about workflow issues via email, in-app and Slack - email being the most urgent one needed.

Deborah
Contributor

Hi @JHartnagle ,
we would use the notification via email.
I tried to activate the public beta in our Marketing Enterprise account. However, I dont see the button for it. Is it already live?

JdeRocquigny
Contributor

Sorry I'm not sure where to access this "If you would like to join the public beta this week, go to Product Updates > Early Access > [Public Beta] Workflows - Issue Details Panel with Reminders.

Is that within our HS account?

Deborah
Contributor

Hi @JdeRocquigny ,
yes, this path is within the HS account. Click on your profile icon top right corner, then "product updates" -.... 

JdeRocquigny
Contributor

Thanks Deborah!

JHartnagle
HubSpot Product Team

Also, here's a URL that will take you to all public betas:  https://app.hubspot.com/l/whats-new/betas

Deborah
Contributor

Hello @JHartnagle ,
is the feature in development to get an email notification, when a workflow throws an error? 
I currently see in the beta that while checking the worklow errors to set a notification, if this kind of error happens again. I am looking for a timely notification as soon as a workflow error appears. 
Best regards, Deborah

DDemagistris2

Hi @JHartnagle I'm not seeing this in the list of betas. I would like to be notified by email when any of my workflows encounters an issue. Is this feature available yet? 

Suzanne33
Participant

Yes, this would be great! I would 100% use this feature.