Workflow Error Notifications

Receive a notification for whenever one of my workflows encounters an error.

This would avoid missing leads in real time due to undetected errors.

http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/15774616-workflow-error-noti...

HubSpot updates
20 Replies
bseaman1
Occasional Contributor

Did hubspot ever implement this????

SMJ0724
New Contributor

@bseaman1 Nope. They have created an alerts notification area per workflow, but nothing that sends any physical alerts if you are viewing and editing that workflow. I can't even fathom why this is not a priority for a platform that bills itself as being one of the most robust marketing automation systems out there.

willcurran
Top Contributor

Yes.

bseaman1
Occasional Contributor

@willcurran what do you mean yes? it was finally implemented? 

willcurran
Top Contributor

@bseaman1 sorry didn't look at the second page and just bad timing. I was just saying Yes, we need this.

MCA-Steve
New Contributor

This just happen to me as well.  It is a costly mistake when leads are not routed because of an error in a workflow.  We need some ability to know when it happens and correct the issue.

JasonMM
Occasional Contributor

I have needed this on multiple occasions. Seems like every week we find a workflow bug due to a missing/changed contact property or HS user no longer active. Workflow Error Notification options would save from time passing before errors are "found" manually. By the time you find the workflow that is not processing contacts correctly and see the error messages, you have already identified the issue.

HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Posting on behalf of a customer. They are looking for a similar feature where they would be able to get a notification for workflow errors and failures. 

Leslie_Vanco
Regular Contributor

This is vital - I would think so many in our community are routing leads via workflow. When you find out that a Salesforce sync error or property change caused a lead not to route, only by digging through alerts in Workflow History - not a good process!

Speakap
New Contributor

Is this possible by now? Can't find a solution when I go through Hubspot.