HubSpot Ideas

romi

Workflow | Allow Re-enrollment based on 'updated in last' trigger

On some properties there is the ability to trigger the workflow based on 'updated in last' x days.

However, it is not possible to use this to Re-enroll.

It would be exceptionally useful if:

1. 'updated in last' was available for all properties on all records
  2. This trigger could be used for Re-enrollment

Solution

Turns out that the "is known" filter option on properties will do this, i.e. if you would like a workflow to be triggered when a property is updated, select the property 'is known' option and then select this under re-enrollement - every time the property is updated, the record will be re-enrolled

15 Replies
Herschel
Top Contributor

This feature would be very useful for us as well.

zeke
HubSpot Product Team

We are actively working on this feature and should be out soon! See below a screenshot of the upcoming functionality:

zeke
HubSpot Product Team

Like some other functionality recently released, this will start being available for all workflows except Contacts.

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 5.21.22 PM.png

richardwalsh
Participant | Platinum Partner

@zeke is there a specific reason as to why this won't roll out on contact workflows? Or is it just down the roadmap a bit for that object type?

zeke
HubSpot Product Team

@richardwalsh Yeah! The main reason is that while our contact workflows are now mostly in the new Workflows system, what drives enrollment events is a system (Lists) that is also undergoing a migration to a new system. All non-contact workflows are already using the new enrollment system which is why this feature only applies to those workflows. Once Lists finishes that migration, we will be able to bring this feature to contact workflows as well!

I don't have a timeline for the Lists migration, though it is an active project and something that us in the Workflows team are very excited about!

Adam_D

Hello guys, 

I have noticed that the option "updated in last X days" is still not available for contact workflows.

Can we please get an update about the migration? It has been a year since the last post here.

Thanks

Adam

zeke
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all,

I was in talks with our team to figure out if we can give a better estimate. It's as frustrating for us as it is for all our customers to have this discrepancy in features which is why we're working hard to finish that migration. Unfortunately it's dependent on a few other teams' work and we really have been working on this for over a year now! I still can't give an update but know that we haven't dropped this work at all, if anything we're ramping up to get it over the finish line. 

Sorry I couldn't give a better update, but thanks for checking in! I'll try to give an update again as soon as I hear of any progress we make,

Zeke

ALEasterly
Contributor

This would be extremely useful for our team!

RWieman

Hello guys, 

I have noticed that the option "updated in last X days" is still not available for contact workflows.

Can we please get an update about the migration? It has been a year since the last post here.

Thanks

Ruben

DRomeo

Any updates on the ETA for enabling this feature for contacts?

SierraHoward
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Everyone! 

My name is Sierra Howard and I'm a Product Manager on the Automation/Workflows team.

Thank you all for your feedback! We've implemented the ability to trigger workflows based on event triggers. So instead of initially creating a trigger from a list of objects/property triggers,  you will be able to trigger when an event happens. One of the events included is “property value changed” but not specifically for “updated in last X days”. It happens at the time of the property change. For example, when a contact’s city is updated to Boston vs contact city is equal to Boston. My hope is that this is a solution to what you're needing or we get feedback on what you're looking for after you test it. 

The next step is to get some beta testers to test it out in private beta before we release it more broadly. If you're interested in participating in the beta, please fill out this formWe will then give you access within 36 business hours of you submitting the form, but will not let you know once we've given you access so be sure to check in your portal. You will see the beta banner when you go to set up a workflow trigger.  There's more information in the form, but looking forward to getting your feedback and making this available to everyone.

Also here is the KB article for event triggers specifically: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/set-event-enrollment-triggers  If you have any feedback, please use this feedback form

As always, thanks for your feedback and your help!

Sierra

ALEasterly
Contributor

Hi Sierra! I'm so excited about this development. I attempted to access the form, but it doesn't allow me to.

Michael_Burns

Hi @SierraHoward It is great you have this implemented. Nice feature, however I am wondering why it is limited to days only? 

I am using it so that my team can update data and sync the same property between contact, company and deals.

"A shared property hack" I call it. Because hubspot doesn't offer this feature.

I find that my team sometimes will update it (triggering the WF) which works great. However, sometimes 10 minutes later they realised there is a Typo and fix the update. However it doesn't trigger the WF again until 24 hours from the second update. Leaving the team without the correct information.

To fix this I have had to make a delay/repeat copy property every 10 minutes for upto 24 hours. to ensure my team has only a 10 minute delay. Making a 289 step workflow just to give my team basic data.

So, is it possible for you add a drop down to select days, hours or minutes? Instead of forcing us to use days? 

Im sure there are multiple other use cases for a minute or at least hourly trigger for WF property updates.

SierraHoward
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Michael_Burns Thank you for the call out, we actually have another beta that I believe would solve your use case. I'm going to send you a direct message! 

rlong30

@romi  @SierraHoward  The solution "is known" filter option on properties is the only filter that is working for us.  

Our use case is:  Every time someone signs up for a Sweepstakes on our website we update all of the data they submitted through the Hubspot API.

One of the custom fields we have added in Hubspot is a "SweepstakesUdpated" field which changes on every sweepstakes signup.  

The desired outcome is when this field is updated a confirmation email is sent to the user through a workflow.  @romi solution  "is known" filter option on with re-enrollment turned on is the only way I can get an email to send every time someone signs up to our sweepstakes.  

@SierraHoward  is "is known" the preferred solution?   The "is known" as a "trigger on every update" should be in the documentation if so.  Is it in the documentation somewhere for sending an email every time a  property changes?  We are using the Hubspot API to upsert the data.