HubSpot Ideas

toricook

Workflow Action and Trigger - Associate Company or Contact

Within workflows, I'd like the ability to associate a contact, company, or deal to another entity such as a contact, company, or deal.

Use case:

I have a deal associated with a contact from Company A. I'd like the ability to automatically associate Company A to the deal (if associated company is unknown).

I would need a trigger that allowed me to check whether a company was already associated to that deal. And if unknown, an action to copy over the contact's associated company to the deal's associated company.

Who: This benefits sales team, sales managers, and CRM administrators.

Goal: Eliminate manual data entry for deals, contacts, and companies that all go together.

Value: Save time and ensure that any activity on a company, deal, or contact will automatically be logged on each entity (company, deal, or contact).

10 Replies
benesch_e
Contributor

This woudl be really helpful to be able to do within HubSpot rather than try to do it through an API.

Dary

I agree! I hope HubSpot can make this available soon. I think this should be available by default even before.

icisma

I would love to see this fix done!🙏🙏

jessica004
Participant

This needs to be done asap!

JGooding

Same idea! 

I'm looking all around for something that helps me to automatically associate deals with contacts and viceverza.

In my case, I have Stripe integration with HS so every time someone buy and pay a product in my website a new deal is created in HS.

The thing is I need to manually associate this deal.

When the deal is created, the customer's email is recorded in a deal's property called "Billing Email". 

How can I create a workflow that pulls this property from the deal, then associates to the contact with the same email?

ArtursG

I have the same exact issue - around 7k deals that are associated to a contact, but not a company,  which is a pain.  Would make sense that this is a part of the workflows, that I can carry over associations. 

davidw803

It's 2022, where is this? I should at least be able to identify if a company or contact is associated with a deal with the filters....

echeverion

I also have a need for this! I have deals being created via a Chargebee integration, but I have to manually associate the Company with both the Contact and the Deal. I would like the capability to at least just manually associate the Company to the Contact, and have a workflow automatically associate the Company with the Deal as well. 

ICamacho

@hubspot 

giphy (34).gif

Liliana_Reis
Participant

this would be awesome... seems like @hubspot doesn't care about it.