HubSpot Ideas

BSheck

Workflow Action: Add Contact to Active List

Currently, when building a workflow, under the action for List Memberships, we can only add a contact to a Static List; adding a contact to an Active List is not an option.

I'm sure there's more to it that I don't understand, but why only allow adding contacts to one type of list within a workflow? If we can add to a Static List within a workflow, then we should also be able to add contacts to an Active List. We use Active Lists a lot more frequently than we do Static Lists, so only have the option to add contacts to a Static List is very limiting.

Can this functionality be added to Workflow actions?

Thank you!

5 Replies
BHassett
Participant

I second this! We want to add to an active list! It would help greatly with our automation, as clients are signing up through a form, we want them to be able to go to different active lists - one for a (one-time use) tradeshow list and one to an audience list (forever active).

Assoc-Sacto
Participant

Yes I am curious as to what the logic is behind active lists not being allowed at the end of the workflow?

LParslow4

agree! It doesn't make much sense. Has anyone found a work around?

KWebber5

This is definitely needed, unless there's a different way. We want to filter by form answers and based on their answers add to an active list. We are only trying to get them to sign up to our blog or newsletter. Should be simple.

NEsares

I might be misunderstanding here but isn't it because adding a contact to an active list is basically a workflow in and of itselft? Just set the parameters in the active list of who should be added.