HubSpot Ideas

nathanparis

Workflow - Ability to Create Notes

Right now you only have the abilty to create tasks in workflows.

Other MA platforms allow you to merge fields and save into a note during autmation which is extremly handy for team members when viewing hisotry of activity. 

For example someone fills out a form...you want all of that data in a single note so dont have to go look at each field...

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2021 06:09 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm the Group Product Manager for our Automation Product Group here at HubSpot. I wanted to follow up on this particular idea, as we had reviewed it, but have no current plans to work on it.

We are constantly reevaluating our roadmap and could consider this in the future. If or when we do, we will follow up here and let you all know.

Best,

Jesse

Being Reviewed
May 18, 2020 01:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jesse Tremblay, Product Manager for our Automation products here at HubSpot. Thank you for all your feedback on this idea. It's really helpful for us to understand the various use-cases.

While we don't have anything specific to solve for this use-case, we are going to review this idea. We will update this thread once we make a decision on priority. Thanks for your patience & input here.

Best,

Jesse

107 Replies
comoglu1

Years have passed but there is no progress, this is very sad.

No offense but It is unbelievable that this very basic feature that will reduce the workload is not even on the agenda.

Hope to see it soon

MissTipsi
Top Contributor
Don't worry guys, Hubspot is saving us all lots of time by enabling us to
select a default subdomain in the SEO too...

Honestly, I love Hubspot but when I see some of the Product Updates that
come out versus some of the really table stakes stuff we are still waiting
for (field dependencies anyone?), it is really depressing.
SKumaraswamy

Automating note creation on Hubspot can solve a lot of usecases.
Not sure of how complex it is going to be but this seems essential and would love to have this functionality

PBogner

A way to create notes via the API would alternatively be helpful. Then we could solve our issue to autoamtically create notes via Zapier or similar. Please reconsider. Thank you.

TMortensen
Participant | Partner

I also want the ability to create notes in a Workflow, especially notes that are automatically pinned at the top of the object. Our use case is clearly state to the sales rep that the deal or company is a partner referral so they know to take other measures. So if our custom field used to mark the referring partner is not blank, we want a note automatically created, in big bold words, that this is a partner referral.

TomPfaff

PLEASE move this feature on the agenda. It would solve so many use cases to store data that doesn't fit in a property.

Imai

I know, right? It shouldn't be so hard technically to implement it and it'd be so useful.

mikisikis

I cant believe we're in 2022 and this still hasn't been implemented...

chirocatadmin

This is desperately needed..... getting close to switching to SF 😞

DaveGoff2
Contributor

+1 to being able to add notes via workflow. We have a few forms we'd like to capture into notes.

kellicatts

Hi HubSpot Community 👋

I would love to have this feature. Our use case is when someone books a specific meeting type with one of our AEs. I'd like to automatically create a note with the question prompts and reminders so that the AE can read it and fill it out as they go. Trying to reduce the amount of manual work they have to do.

amandafann
Contributor

@kellicatts Sounds like Playbooks could help with your use case (if you have Sales Pro or Enterpise) -- our SDRs use them on pre-qualification calls to do exactly what you describe and it leaves a record on the Contact's activity timeline. 

Justin_Anderson

The use case I would love this for is making a dummy record to note that an email was sent from another system, for emails that CAN'T be triggered out of HubSpot:

"Reviews.io Email 4 Sent today"

There are so many basic use cases for creating Notes in Workflows, please add it.

And everyone, upvote this other related thread, too: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Adding-Notes-via-Workflows/idi-p/429215/highlight/tru...

CMarritt
Contributor

So shocked this isnt on the road map. I'm no developer but surely it wouldn't be that difficult to implement? 

ThierryCalderon
Contributor | Diamond Partner

upvote for this feature !

Thrive
Contributor | Elite Partner

Hi there,

This is now possible with Ops Hub, by creating a custom code to create a note. Please let me know if you need any info.

TomPfaff

Hi, @Thrive. Yes! Please share how this is done within Operations Hub. Thank you!

Thrive
Contributor | Elite Partner

@TomPfaff you can find my sample code here: https://github.com/Teddy-TH-Digital/create-note-hubspot/blob/main/js
Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

MikhailK
Contributor | Diamond Partner

We have created a Hubspot app for those who don't have Operations Hub. This app adds the "Create Note" workflow action, as well as other features such as copying associations from one record to another (with more currently in development).

https://www.resonatehq.com/toolbox-for-hubspot

Create Note Workflow Action.png

Participant

Would love this.  We use a company view as a kind of "dashboard" for active clients.  One of the rows in the view is "current note."  It's essentially a field where the client owner can drop a quick note about where the customer is in the moment.  Right now, when that property is edited, I have to fire off a webhook (requiring Enterprise) to a page on my server, that grabs that property, creates a Note via the HubSpot API and then associates that note to the company.  It's a crazy, convoluted process that this feature would dramatically simplify.