HubSpot Ideas

nathanparis

Workflow - Ability to Create Notes

Right now you only have the abilty to create tasks in workflows.

Other MA platforms allow you to merge fields and save into a note during autmation which is extremly handy for team members when viewing hisotry of activity. 

For example someone fills out a form...you want all of that data in a single note so dont have to go look at each field...

106 Replies
KarenEDW
Member | Diamond Partner

Looks like people are doing this through webhooks and users want this functionality.  I see requests back to 2017.  What do we need to do to raise this up the queue especially since others are having to use work arounds like webhooks etc. ?

madelinecooper

I would LOVE this feature, and would use it a LOT. When someone submits a form and their enquiry then gets added to a pipeline, it'd be so helpful to have all the info they've sent summarised in a note. 

desilvakai

This definitely needs to be included in workflow abilities. Creating any sort of engagements on a record.

kkbockin
Participant

Looking for a solution to this for our Salesforce integration. I want to sync notes into the contact activity log in SFDC without creating a task (annoying to sales) and without replacing an existing notes field in Salesforce.

amandafann
Contributor

+1 to add notes to Tickets via Workflow. I was able to workaround this using Zapier to create the note, but ideally this would be done in Hubspot. 

NicolasDinouard

We also would like to have an automated note creation with already content within a workflow 
Would be very appreciable. Thanks. 

Imai

Crazy to think that this is not available still.

TomPfaff

This would be an elegant solution for storing data outside a property.

TimWheeler79

This is a fundamental automation feature that allows activity to be documented more thoroughly.

MJørgensen

Please add this feature

GMoineville
Member | Diamond Partner

This would be such an helpful feature for most customers 🙏

TRAMA

Please add this feature!

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

This is an amazing idea!

Uusteri
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Great Idea! Hope to have the possibility  to create notes from the workflow tool sooner or later 🦊

ksalmon
Participant

+100 this would really be a useful feature for us. 

pitch
Participant

Another use case: When I received a bounce back email, I've made a workflow to opt out (email) from Marketing and One-on-One.  I need to let my team members easily see this note ("Received email bounced back") in contact record screen.

Andrabi
Participant

Someone please make this happen

SindreSv

I would love this feature as it would enable me to format the information in the ticket created by a a contact form. Currently I only have the opertunity to do this through tasks, but this is far from ideal.

MPelamonia
Participant

This would be very helpful. We mostly work from company profiles and activities from certain apps are only placed on contact level and not on company level.
We would therefore use it in workflows to automatically place a note in the company profile when an activity happened on contact level.

crebillon
Participant

Hello
Has this been reevaluated for the 2022 roadmap?
This feature is deeply missing and is a super frequent use case for ticketing tools.
I'm currently creating tasks and to-do instead, forcing my team to use the to-do feature when we just could be using notes!
Thank you,
Charlotte