HubSpot Ideas

nathanparis

Workflow - Ability to Create Notes

Right now you only have the abilty to create tasks in workflows.

Other MA platforms allow you to merge fields and save into a note during autmation which is extremly handy for team members when viewing hisotry of activity. 

For example someone fills out a form...you want all of that data in a single note so dont have to go look at each field...

106 Replies
shaebert
Contributor

Would like to be able to automatically create a note so activity at the contact level can be copied to the company level to see all activity in a company. 

Simon_MyLeads
Participant | Partner

This would be very useful.

Seems no reason why you couldn't create a note for a specific contact/contacts through a workflow.

In our case, we have an external service providing call answering & livechat facilities, who then pass on those details to us via a custom HubSpot form. One element of this is the call or livechat transcript, which could be entered into the form, then using a trigger in a workflow, copied to a note within that contact record providing easy access for the sales agent to respond to.

hannahflat
Contributor

This would be a really useful function to have. We are due to start using forms, and being able to create a note with the form information would be much easier, than having to sort through all the properties we use to find the ones relating to the form. 

bscheerer

Please add notes to available actions through workflows. This would be hugely benificial for me & my business.

mfoldager

Yes please

softchalkclay

This would be great! It would be so helpful to my sales team.

frnkr
Participant

YES, WE NEED THIS!!

mylesosborn

please and thank you

niclas_l

Are there any updates for the priority? @jtremblay 

We would like to see this little feature. 😄 

Kind regards 

Niclas

FloGoe

This would be very helpful for us as well Thx! 💪

paytek_haley
Participant

When we have a deal moved into "Won" we need a verification call completed to approve the application. We want a ticket to be automatically created for this deal that our reps can review to approve. 

Having a note-creation option on the ticket would allow us to store all of the relevant information from the deal in one place, reducing clicks and mistakes from the user. The note that's created should have the ability to add in tokens from the deal or ticket properties, as needed.

comoglu1

Please add notes to available actions through workflows. This would be a great benificial for our company.

thanks in advance

Michiel020

This would be extremely helpful for Service Hub tickets. So that using a workflow a note can be added to a Service Hub ticket. 

Brennon
Contributor

This would be extermely helpful for our sales force. We need to capture sections of a form submission in the notes activity.

Timohoh
Participant

+1

bojanski

Please implement - it's super helpful to have a record on the contact of when an automation ran. Sometimes it's tough to see why / how fields got changed, so this feature would make that search process much easier. 

Maximef
Participant

This would be really helpful to avoid creating tasks and allocating to someone while I only need to link some information through a note on an object via workflows.

joecarroll

I can think of lots of ways in which this would be a useful feature.  Right now the use case I have in mind is for a workflow that hands off from Sales to Customer Success to start an onboarding project.

CBader
Contributor | Partner

We would also appreciate an ability to Pin a Note created by a workflow.

Our use case is creating and pinning a list of Lead Qualification Call questions for the sales rep to fill out after a new lead submits a contact form.

Thank you.

bhascher
Contributor

Great idea. Our use case is that we have forms with text fields and that we would like to create a workflow that copies the value of that field into a note so the information shows as a timely context in the Activity stream rather than showing another extra static contact property.