HubSpot Ideas

bellawu

Work flow option: Avoid bank holidays

Can you implement a feature so that if your workflow is determined by x amount of days follow up, you can set up a rule that will avoid sending emails on any bank holidays, Christmas day, New year etc.

You already have a business days only rule so I guess it's just building on that....

http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/4451142-work-flow-option-avo...

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
November 23, 2020 08:37 AM

This is now live to all 😀

In Beta
November 16, 2020 05:45 AM

Hi everyone, 

In follow up to the most recent update, this new feature is currently in beta.  In workflow settings, you can now define specific dates on which you do not want workflow actions to execute. 

In workflow settings, under "General" select the dates on which the workflow shouldn't execute. When an enrolled record reaches an action on one of those dates, the action will be rescheduled for the next available date. These settings can be configured on a workflow by workflow basis.

add dates in settingsadd dates in settings

Please send me a direct message, reach out to your HubSpot point of contact, or contact HubSpot support to get access to this beta now. Let me know if you have questions!

Best,

Megan

In Planning
October 29, 2020 08:41 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the continued feedback on this idea, for the ability to prevent workflows from executing on specific dates (for example, on certain holidays).

We're currently working on a feature that adds a new option to the execution time settings. In addition to being able to define days/times for when the workflow should run, you'll soon be able to define specific dates on which the workflow should not run. When a record reaches an action on one of those dates, the action will be rescheduled for the next available date. For example, if a contact is active in a nurture workflow on 12/25/20, but a user has added 12/24/20-1/2/21 as dates to skip, the contact wont receive any nurture emails from that workflow until 1/3/21. These dates can be set on a workflow by workflow basis. 

Please let me know if you have questions. When more details and a beta are available, I will update here.

Thank you!

Megan

Being Reviewed
April 24, 2020 05:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm Megan, a product manager for the workflows tool. This request is similar to another on the forum, which requests the ability to "Pause" a workflow. I see overlap with this feature, in that some of the feedback references a need to entirely pause workflows over holidays, etc. to manage external communication when outreach to customers or leads may not be appropriate. As mentioned on that other post, when we’ve researched this request in the past, we’ve found a wide variation in needs, and haven’t yet been able to find the right solution to meet the majority of those needs.

So, if you have a minute, we would greatly appreciate having you fill out this form to provide additional feedback about a pause-like feature and what functionality you'd like to see.

Thank you!

Megan

23 Replies
MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

This is now live to all 😀

rachelbjordan
Participant

This is great. The next generation would be to allow us to block certain days of the week.

If I send newsletters on Tuesdays, webinar invites on Thursdays, then I want workflow emails to go on not those days. Or, I want them to at least have a buffer of a certain number of hours. So perhaps I could say: don't send these workflow emails between 2pm and 5pm on Tuesdays or Thursdays.

As it is, I have to  either risk these emails doubling up on my contacts or manually enter all the dates of the next few months of Tuesdays and Thursdays. Unless there's a workaround I haven't found?

ahmadraza

I have checked and searched but didn't find any general setting or flow to pause the automation on holidays in HubSpot except change the setting of each flow with specific dates to pause the flow.