HubSpot Ideas

Ifeoma

Why does hubspot meeting require contact details already existing in crm

Hi, when setting up hubspot meetings, I noticed that it's requiring contact details I've already collected. I'm sending emails to my crm contacts with my meeting link and these contacts were created automatically inside hubspot crm via zapier integration when they filled out an application from typeform so I already have their first name and email.

Will hubspot meeting notice these contact details already exist and automatically prefill them, because requiring users to fill out another form is just too cumbersome. 

I'd like to know how this works, thanks. 

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
December 19, 2019 07:47 AM

Meetings will now recognize known contact information of contacts that have previously filled in meetings form or a HubSpot form on your site.

6 Replies
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Ifeoma Welcome to the community. At this time the meetings tool has no connection with the contacts database, nor does it have a cookie recognition to link the broswer user to a contact. Therefore it is not possible for the meetings modal to populate with known contact information. 

Great idea though.  Can you add this as a post to our ideas forum for further comment?

Thank you,

Ed 

Ifeoma
Participant

Thanks Ed, I tried posting in the ideas forum but the category label wasn't working and as such, I can't submit the idea.

Here's my idea below, hope you can forward it to the team:

when setting up hubspot meetings, I noticed that it's requiring contact details I've already collected. I'm sending emails to my crm contacts with my meeting link and these contacts were created automatically inside hubspot crm via zapier integration when they filled out an application from typeform so I already have their first name and email.

It's a pity that  hubspot meeting can't notice these contact details already exist and automatically prefill them, because requiring users to fill out another form is just too cumbersome. 

So I suggest that, meetings tool should have connection with the contacts database, or  have a cookie recognition to prefill or autofill known crm contacts into the meeting form.

Thanks.

edjusten
HubSpot Employee

I can move this over to the ideas forum. Robot Happy

Ed 

keithemery
Participant

I second the motion to have the Meetings booking page link with the contact database or connect with the Hubspot cookie to prefill the contact fields.

I did notice that you can pass through parameters into the Meetings booking page using the following format:  https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/test?email=test@test.com&firstName=test&lastName=user&phone=4169671...

Perhaps we could have the option of inserting our Meeting Link into an Sales email template or adhoc email, which would include the parameters for the Contact that we are working in.

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Meetings will now recognize known contact information of contacts that have previously filled in meetings form or a HubSpot form on your site.

jandrews
Participant

@keithemery Thanks so much for previding example of hoe to autofill meeting form with url parameters. Do you know how/where to get field identifier for custom properties?

For example, I want to be able to autofill the below custom property Unit ID but unsure how/where to get the name to use in url.

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 3.51.55 PM.png