HubSpot Ideas

jmacandrews

Weighted Pipeline Forecasting

Still looking for the ability to customize weighted by the deal, not by the stage.

Not every deal in stage 7 will be weighted the same way.

Not every deal in forecast category "probable" will be weighted the same way.

Creating a custom value on the deal level will not be included in the forecast, therefore not helpful.

We need the probability field at the deal level that overwrites the stage probability.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
August 30, 2021 10:00 AM

Hi @jmacandrews , 

We've now exposed the property "Deal Probability" on all deals. By defualt it will be set to the Deal Stage Probability from your Deal Settings, but it can also be overridden by either a user (for a specific deal) or by a workflow (for deals that match certain criteria). Shoot me a message if you have any issues using it!

Best,

Lars

4 Replies
SteveHTM
Top Contributor | Partner

Here's a thought - and its related to another idea that I'm in the process of posting.

The Forecast Category and Forecast Probability assignments are actually implemented as an automatically generated workflow. Look for:

Forecast Category Mapping for Pipeline: <pipeline name>

Forecast Probability Mapping for Pipeline: <pipeline name>

But this generated workflow has so many quirks and limitations, that it seems like a very half baked implementation idea - in fact so half baked, that there is a switch in the Forecast settings screen to switch it off and create you own workflow as a substitute. The starting point is a clone of one or both of the generated workflows - but when you take on the task of workflow modification, the sky is your limit on adding special treatment on a Deal by Deal basis driven by other Deal or associated Company properties. That seems to give you the options you need I think.

Lars
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @jmacandrews , 

We've now exposed the property "Deal Probability" on all deals. By defualt it will be set to the Deal Stage Probability from your Deal Settings, but it can also be overridden by either a user (for a specific deal) or by a workflow (for deals that match certain criteria). Shoot me a message if you have any issues using it!

Best,

Lars

clarencey

Hi @Lars,

So given that the Deal probability can now be manually set by users, and Deal probability is what is linked up to the Forecast tool, does that cover the entire function of Forecast probability as well? When would I use Forecast probability over Deal probability?

I'm having trouble discerning between the two, as even the property descriptions are about the same:
Deal probability - "The probability a deal will close. This defaults to the deal stage probability setting."
Forecast probability - "The custom percent probability a deal will close."

Thanks in advance,

Clarence

CRavenda

Hi @Lars,

I agree with @clarencey  It is not clear when we need to use Deal probability (manually set) vs Forecast probability.

Can you please provide guidance in that?

Ultimate goal is to have a final weighted pipeline+onhand forecast...

Claudia