HubSpot Ideas

scibelli

Web Activity API

I've found a few community questions but never a request for a Web Activity API.

My use case is to measure all activities that are performed or tracked in HubSpot and create a machine learning model outside the portal that would provide recommendations. We have some of that activity within HubSpot (meetings, notes, calls, forms, etc.), but a big hole is the web visits.

Since this activity is already tracked, I'm wondering how difficult this would be to create.

The questions submitted that I found include these:

4 Replies
johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

@scibelli @There is now a solution for exporting raw web events data so that you can analyze it. The Ultimate Data Export app for HubSpot was recently launched in the App Marketplace. The exported Excel file includes all HubSpot CRM data as well as web events for each contact. Ultimate Data Export is free to use.

dvanbrunt
Participant

@johnelmer That link doesnt seem to work?

we just see the login to HS page and when we login it just says 

"You don't have assess to this account"
When I'm already signed in to that account in another browser tab. (Enterprise account)

https://www.screencast.com/t/BnwcPVPG

johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

@dvanbrunt The link is working, so it appears you are having a login problem. I suggest contacting HubSpot support.

dvanbrunt
Participant

I've only briely tested it, but it is possible to get Contact account activity. (subscriptions, page views etc)

You can do this with the Web Analytics API 

by providing 2 query parameters to dig into specific objects, in the above example:

1. objectType=contact
  2. objectId=XXXX

These parameters allow us to focus on a specific record by object ID.

If we then want to drill into specific events, we can use the following:

1. &eventType=e_visited_page

This will then show all page visits for this contact. We can also include the occurredAfter or occurredBefore parameters to refine our search to specific periods of time.