We should be able to set the CRM Deal Stage property in workflows

We should be able to set the CRM Deal Stage property in workflows, so we can send Inline EDM follow ups on mass to sales prospects in the deal funnel.

This will then automatically jump the prospect to a new deal stage in the CRM.

I get that there can be multiple deals for one customer, but that just needs a deal ID tag, to get around the problem.

Sooooo need it!

http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/10938141-we-should-be-able-t...

HubSpot updates
We should be able to set the CRM Deal Stage property in workflowsHubSpot Product Team
changed to: Idea Submitted
09-11-2018

Thanks for voting for this idea! If this is something you would benefit from, please comment here with information on how you'd like to use it or email me directly at bwu@hubspot.com.

We should be able to set the CRM Deal Stage property in workflowsHubSpot Product Team
changed to: Delivered
09-11-2018

You can set deal stage, and any other deal property, in the new deal-based workflows, which have just been released to all Sales Pro and Sales Enterprise customers. 

15 Replies
AndreaD
Occasional Contributor

I vote for this functionality as well. We have certain fields based on the size of the client's portfolio that determine the amount of the deal. Right now, our sales people have to do double entry to put that value in both the contact record and the deal, and this is leading to data discrepancies. I would prefer to be able to simply copy the value from the company or contact into the deal property using a workflow. Right now, we have to compare values in deals by hand to make sure the info is accurate.

CCS
Regular Contributor

Great idea.  We also need it and it would be good if workflows can have a similar function like workflow contacts in setting the property **bleep** and be able to set the deal **bleep**.

JennaEngel
Occasional Contributor

HubSpot - Can you provide an update as to where this stands?  This would be extemely beneficial for my clients.  I am hoping to give an update when they can expect this ability in HubSpot.

We would like to show contact/company properties in the deals tab - and we need that information up to date based on the contact/company property - we don't want to have the field twice (because inconsistent/inaccurate data).  My workaround idea was to create a workflow to update the deal property when the contact property is updated but obviously we can't (: 

Also - it isn't good enough to scroll down in the deal and look at the contacts, that was already suggested but for many reasons isn't the solution.  

Thanks. 

CCS
Regular Contributor

Yes please.  Why not have one Contact details sidebar and when a deal is created for that contact keep all detail and just add deal information on same panel?

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: Delivered

You can set deal stage, and any other deal property, in the new deal-based workflows, which have just been released to all Sales Pro and Sales Enterprise customers.