HubSpot Ideas

bellawu

We should be able to set the CRM Deal Stage property in workflows

We should be able to set the CRM Deal Stage property in workflows, so we can send Inline EDM follow ups on mass to sales prospects in the deal funnel.

This will then automatically jump the prospect to a new deal stage in the CRM.

I get that there can be multiple deals for one customer, but that just needs a deal ID tag, to get around the problem.

Sooooo need it!

http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/10938141-we-should-be-able-t...

15 Kommentare
drafeedie3
Teilnehmer/-in

YES please!!!!!!!! HubSpot is currently adjusting lifecycles when new deals are created, it seems crazy that deals can't be modified when Lifecycles are updated. It should be an easy adjustment to make it a 2 way street. 

JasonTisdall
Teilnehmer/-in

YES - need to be able to set deal properties with workflows.

Izolda
Mitglied

Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!

annaS
Mitglied

Totally agree. It lacks us so much to be able to change deal properties and move deals from one stage to another with workflows. As we cannot do it now, we are using less and less deals, recreating it within contacts with multiple new properties. But it's just a pity, because otherwise the deals are great ! Please make it possible !

krob
Mitglied

If the deal property changes I don't know why it's that hard to also change that deal's stage....Really need this functionality!

Lea
Teilnehmer/-in

Being able to set deal properties with workflows is crucial for us too!! Hop this project will be considered by your development team 🙂 

Thanks

joezhang
Teilnehmer/-in

We would really love to see this functionality soon too! In fact, we realised that we can use Zappier (a 3rd party app) to find a deal with specific name and update that deal stage, so it is disappointing that the native HubSpot functions cannot include this. 

valeria_glispa
Mitglied

I completely agree - this is an essential feature for our daily tasks! 

@joezhang we are using Zapier too but was wondering how did you manage to update the deal stage? Was it through a webhook and Hubspot's API? Thanks in advance. 

Status aktualisiert zu: Idea Submitted
bellawu
HubSpot-Produktteam

Thanks for voting for this idea! If this is something you would benefit from, please comment here with information on how you'd like to use it or email me directly at bwu@hubspot.com.

mverburg
Mitglied

We would really like to be able to do the following two things if/when this is added. 

1) When the Internal Due Date for a opportunity is changed from one date to another in HubSpot, I would like the quote owner (sales) to be notified via email. In this way, the sales team member will be made aware when an internal due date (agreed date by the quoter) or priority on one of their opportunities has been adjusted. They could then follow-up with the quoter to ask questions or raise concerns if necessary.

2) When a new opportunity is added to HubSpot with a Quote Due Date, send an email to the quote resource to notify them that there is an opportunity they will need to work on/quote.

AndreaD
Teilnehmer/-in

I vote for this functionality as well. We have certain fields based on the size of the client's portfolio that determine the amount of the deal. Right now, our sales people have to do double entry to put that value in both the contact record and the deal, and this is leading to data discrepancies. I would prefer to be able to simply copy the value from the company or contact into the deal property using a workflow. Right now, we have to compare values in deals by hand to make sure the info is accurate.

CCS
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Great idea.  We also need it and it would be good if workflows can have a similar function like workflow contacts in setting the property **bleep** and be able to set the deal **bleep**.

JennaEngel
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

HubSpot - Can you provide an update as to where this stands?  This would be extemely beneficial for my clients.  I am hoping to give an update when they can expect this ability in HubSpot.

We would like to show contact/company properties in the deals tab - and we need that information up to date based on the contact/company property - we don't want to have the field twice (because inconsistent/inaccurate data).  My workaround idea was to create a workflow to update the deal property when the contact property is updated but obviously we can't (: 

Also - it isn't good enough to scroll down in the deal and look at the contacts, that was already suggested but for many reasons isn't the solution.  

Thanks. 

CCS
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Yes please.  Why not have one Contact details sidebar and when a deal is created for that contact keep all detail and just add deal information on same panel?

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
bellawu
HubSpot-Produktteam

You can set deal stage, and any other deal property, in the new deal-based workflows, which have just been released to all Sales Pro and Sales Enterprise customers.