We should be able to set the CRM Deal Stage property in workflows

We should be able to set the CRM Deal Stage property in workflows, so we can send Inline EDM follow ups on mass to sales prospects in the deal funnel.

This will then automatically jump the prospect to a new deal stage in the CRM.

I get that there can be multiple deals for one customer, but that just needs a deal ID tag, to get around the problem.

Sooooo need it!

http://ideas.hubspot.com/forums/76407-general-hubspot-ideas/suggestions/10938141-we-should-be-able-t...

9 Replies
drafeedie3
Occasional Contributor

YES please!!!!!!!! HubSpot is currently adjusting lifecycles when new deals are created, it seems crazy that deals can't be modified when Lifecycles are updated. It should be an easy adjustment to make it a 2 way street. 

JasonTisdall
Occasional Contributor

YES - need to be able to set deal properties with workflows.

Izolda
Occasional Contributor

Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!

annaS
Occasional Contributor

Totally agree. It lacks us so much to be able to change deal properties and move deals from one stage to another with workflows. As we cannot do it now, we are using less and less deals, recreating it within contacts with multiple new properties. But it's just a pity, because otherwise the deals are great ! Please make it possible !

krob
Regular Visitor

If the deal property changes I don't know why it's that hard to also change that deal's stage....Really need this functionality!

Lea
New Contributor

Being able to set deal properties with workflows is crucial for us too!! Hop this project will be considered by your development team Smiley Happy 

Thanks

joezhang

We would really love to see this functionality soon too! In fact, we realised that we can use Zappier (a 3rd party app) to find a deal with specific name and update that deal stage, so it is disappointing that the native HubSpot functions cannot include this. 

valeria_glispa
Occasional Contributor

I completely agree - this is an essential feature for our daily tasks! 

@joezhang we are using Zapier too but was wondering how did you manage to update the deal stage? Was it through a webhook and Hubspot's API? Thanks in advance. 

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: Idea Submitted

Thanks for voting for this idea! If this is something you would benefit from, please comment here with information on how you'd like to use it or email me directly at bwu@hubspot.com.