HubSpot Ideas

BryceChee

We need better notifications for @mentions within chat

We've got a large team that works collaboratively and jumps into chat support when @mentioned. However HubSpot is only able to give either a email or desktop/browser notification if their name was mentioned.

This causes a lot of friction for us as it is not always so that other teammates have their browsers open, nor check their emails (especially team members who don't work with emails as much).

We'd like to either have mobile app notifications pop up, or provide integrated notifications with Slack (since our entire org uses it). However, since there are no workflow actions that can get triggered from an @mention, that feature will have to be built too to allow for this. This idea seems most relevant (please upvote this too if you upvote this idea)

1 Reply
JEvans91

I'll second this, and I'm actually surprised there isn't more traction here.

@mentions in Conversations and Live Chats can be very time sensitive, and unless the other staff member is always looking at their emails, or checks the notification icon in HubSpot, they could have a long delay before responding and jumping in. The desktop/browser notification option for this is basically useless as is - There's no option for a pop-up or browser indication, only the bell.

A slack notification for these conversation mentions seems so obvious, that I had assumed it was there already. Even the support staff that I chatted with was surprised it wasn't available.

Unfortunately, only 2 comments here likely indicates this is multiple years away, and I can go sit in the corner complaining that Hubspot only pays lipservice to their support tools to pretend they compete against intercom, zendesk, and others in the support space.