HubSpot Ideas

Sam_S

We need a Notification that a Chat with ChatBot has been Initiated

We have this situation where I think there should be an option to be notified when a bot chat starts – this is for 2 reasons that I can think of so far:

1. When in a testing phase. While a bot can automate most of the process it would be great to be able to monitor it and step in when there are issues or somebody is getting upset? If you try getting your Bot to ask for a phone number and email there is often issues when the visitor doesn't want to put this in which makes the Bot go back with an error message. If we had a notification that a Chat with the bot has been initiated we can step in as soon as there is an issue to save an upset visitor! At the moment we miss so many of these mishaps... not good. 
  2. We want to use the chat and bot in a hybrid format in which case we need notifications as soon as either of them is initiated. This is because we have a virtual assistant that we want to manage our chat/bot and we see it useful for it to be automated with the multiple choice questions as these virtual assistants don’t have sufficient product knowledge. As far as I know if we only use live chat and not the Bot we can’t have pre-set questions with multiple choice answers. The ideal situation is that when the ChatBot is initiated our virtual assistant gets a notification and can keep an eye on the conversation from the start and step in if anything goes wrong.
Actualizaciones de HubSpot
Estado actualizado a: Delivered
May 12, 2021 07:55 AM

Hi all-

It is now available to all. Using Conversation-based workflows you can now trigger a notification for when a bot has started leveraging the workflows tool. 

For more details about this functionality, check out our Knowledgebase article. 

Workflows are available to Marketing, Sales, and Service Pro and Enterprise customers. 

January 29, 2021 05:57 PM

Sorry about that @grant_growup it should work now, but I will also add you to the list to add on Monday! thanks. 

Estado actualizado a: In Beta
January 29, 2021 02:27 PM

Hi all-

We are excited to announce that with Conversation-based workflows you can now trigger a notification for when a bot has started leveraging the workflows tool. For access to this beta, please fill out this form.

Workflows are available to Marketing, Sales, and Service Pro and Enterprise customers. 

Thank you, 

Cassie

Estado actualizado a: Being Reviewed
December 15, 2020 06:23 AM

Estado actualizado a: In Planning
December 15, 2020 06:22 AM

Hi all - The way we will be solving this is by enabling this from conversation-based workflows. We are currently in a private beta with conversation-based workflows now and will be adding the support for notifications to follow through to the relevant thread. The specific notification functionalty currently in development and will be out early next year. I will provide an update as soon as I have specific timelines for next year and beta details to request to join.

Thanks! 

June 01, 2020 01:06 PM

We're currently exploring a couple options to allow for "bot started" notifications, and will upate this post with more info in the next couple months. 

May 19, 2020 10:20 AM

23 Comentarios
gmaiera
Miembro

Same case here. Let's fix this!

grant_growup
Participante | Partner

This would be really useful

GiorgosNik
Participante

Definitely a must-have feature. Getting a notification only after bot routine is run through is almost useless, since most bot conversations never reach completion

julia08
Participante

Not sure if this actually solves the problem, but I actually have a workflow that texts me if "conversation by bot = true" - it works even if the bot routine isn't completed, but it doesn't fire as soon as the convo starts either. But I definitely needed to make it because otherwise most bot conversations that don't go well would never get caught until hours later

grant_growup
Participante | Partner

Thanks, I was using a Zapier integration to send a slack notification. This will hopefully be a little quicker.

CTMQ
Miembro

Ditto this! The bots sometimes go through a spam routine which needs to be stopped halfway at least by an agent and being notified of a chat initiated by a bot is most useful 

Jackwuw
Miembro

YES PLEASE FIX

cesvillas
Miembro | Partner nivel Gold

Yes please!

cdewey22
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

mfreiert

We're currently exploring a couple options to allow for "bot started" notifications, and will upate this post with more info in the next couple months. 

avichopra
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

@mfreiert will be great to have this feature.

graceotaiza
Participante

+1

rbroeck
Miembro

If it helps anyone

looking for a solution like this, the chat bot automation has options to trigger a webhook. With the Workflow builder from Slack, I set up a webhook and use this to trigger a message being sent to a representative to get ready in HubSpot's chat environment to immediatly take over the chat when the HubSpot bot hands over the conversation.

To do this, first set up a question like a qualification question or asking for a name. Then select 'Trigger a webhook' as your next step and paste in the webhook url that Slack provides you. Now as soon as the lead answers the first question, HubSpot will trigger a webhook and you'll get a notification in Slack. Screenshots below.

slacknotification.pngFirefox_Screenshot_2020-11-04T21-32-41.908Z.png

grant_growup
Participante | Partner

Great idea, thanks. We are not big Slack users but the same logic appears to apply to Zapier.

khart1
Participante

We have the same issue. We would like to know when chat box conversation is initiated so we can jump in if someone is pushing back on providing info, like an email address. Please prioritize this! Seems it would be simple to notify the team of new bot conversations. Thanks!

AFdezSie
Miembro

Same case here !

cdewey22

Hi all - The way we will be solving this is by enabling this from conversation-based workflows. We are currently in a private beta with conversation-based workflows now and will be adding the support for notifications to follow through to the relevant thread. The specific notification functionalty currently in development and will be out early next year. I will provide an update as soon as I have specific timelines for next year and beta details to request to join.

Thanks! 

cdewey22

BHancock
Miembro

I am looking for a way to enroll chat visitors into workflows after the contact has given us their email.  I am also wondering how to ask permission to enroll them.   

Estado actualizado a: In Beta
cdewey22

Hi all-

We are excited to announce that with Conversation-based workflows you can now trigger a notification for when a bot has started leveraging the workflows tool. For access to this beta, please fill out this form.

Thank you, 

Cassie