HubSpot Ideas

Sam_S

We need a Notification that a Chat with ChatBot has been Initiated

We have this situation where I think there should be an option to be notified when a bot chat starts – this is for 2 reasons that I can think of so far:

1. When in a testing phase. While a bot can automate most of the process it would be great to be able to monitor it and step in when there are issues or somebody is getting upset? If you try getting your Bot to ask for a phone number and email there is often issues when the visitor doesn't want to put this in which makes the Bot go back with an error message. If we had a notification that a Chat with the bot has been initiated we can step in as soon as there is an issue to save an upset visitor! At the moment we miss so many of these mishaps... not good. 
  2. We want to use the chat and bot in a hybrid format in which case we need notifications as soon as either of them is initiated. This is because we have a virtual assistant that we want to manage our chat/bot and we see it useful for it to be automated with the multiple choice questions as these virtual assistants don’t have sufficient product knowledge. As far as I know if we only use live chat and not the Bot we can’t have pre-set questions with multiple choice answers. The ideal situation is that when the ChatBot is initiated our virtual assistant gets a notification and can keep an eye on the conversation from the start and step in if anything goes wrong.
23 Comentários
grant_growup
Participante | Parceiro

We can't open the form

Please opt me in - grant@growup.green

cdewey22
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Sorry about that @grant_growup it should work now, but I will also add you to the list to add on Monday! thanks. 

Status atualizado para: Delivered
cdewey22
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi all-

It is now available to all. Using Conversation-based workflows you can now trigger a notification for when a bot has started leveraging the workflows tool. 

For more details about this functionality, check out our Knowledgebase article. 

Workflows are available to Marketing, Sales, and Service Pro and Enterprise customers.