HubSpot Ideas

miless

Views: 'OR' Filter Condition

At the moment, in a contact view, we can add a filter condition and use an 'AND' to add another condition. Is it possible to add an 'OR' condition?

If the filter conditions we want to make are based on a contacts property, using 'AND' means they both HAVE to be true. I would like the view to show people that have EITHER property to be true.

Unless this is a money grabbing way to get people to upgrade to have to use lists? But this would be simple and really needed for people like us who have upgraded and want this feature in the Views

14 Replies
ChrisMiami
Contributor | Platinum Partner

I'm in total agreement.  This would help us ensure our views and lists match.  We like to use views to monitor incomign leads.  OR would allow us to view anyone coming in through a form submission or event list upload for the same content topic.

Meera

Me too! This is really very basic option. It should already be there! It's like we're building HubSpot ourselves! 

twood1

I honestly am so frustrated and aghast that this isn't an option. I was just trying to wrap my brain around the fact that they can't filter company fields in the contact section.  An OR function seems to be the CORE of how filtering works...and is clearly in most other systems.  How is it possible that this doesn't exist and that there are only 9 upvotes.  Please please fix this Hubspot. 

KimFerris
Participant

This is ridiculous!! Of course we need "OR" functionality.

Sales guy going on a road trip, wants to see all customers in X, Y or Z state.

Admin wants to follow up on data integrity. Customers that have mobile, phone or fax number missing.

Always hold a little back. Keep them asking for more. .... No HubSpot! Not for the simple things!!

DPonoroff

Sorely needed. 

HannahSheri

Let's get "OR" as a filter for creating views, @hubspot! This would make monitoring activity amongst leads much easier. 

TSpencer

I was in shock when I went to create a view for a sales team member that was based on the client either being already assigned to their territory or in specific cities.  This was an easy to do in Salesforce so hoping this gets added in Hubspot so views can be more usable for us. 

GEiselt
Contributor

It is crazy that "OR" logic exists in reporting, lists, workflows, pretty much everywhere in HubSpot except the object list/pipeline view stages, i.e. where most of our working-level associates spend the majority of their time. PLEASE make this a priority!

CHansen7
Contributor | Diamond Partner

This would be super helpful!! We would be able to be more organized from a project management perspective. We currently have to create custom properties, use custom solutions, etc. to build a workaround. Creating the "OR" criteria will help us create faster and better solutions.

MichaelC
Guide | Partner

This is needed. Added logic to list views filters with both AND and OR filters. Thank you!

HLeffondré-Mo

I don't understand why it isn't already done, this is much needed for a looooot of situations !

RCervantes25

I would like to think that this is a "bug"  because this is so basic that I cant believe is a "feature".

Please implement this, this would be a total deal-breaker. to move out of here.

I understand the "freemium" scheme but that needs to be at least covering the basics.

P.S. We upgraded allready, and we are not in the free plan.

AJohnson352
Member | Platinum Partner

NEED this!

TanyaQT
Participant

Very much needed! Upvoting the idea.