HubSpot Ideas

JimL

Views - Allow Super Admins the ability to edit and save any existing View, regardless of ownership

Would be nice for Super Admins to be able to edit and save any existing view, regardless of the owner/creator.  You can only edit the views that are "Created by me".

For example if one Super Admin creates a "default" view for users, and it needs to be modified/updated, no other Super Admin can edit that View.  They have to do a clone and save it as a new View. 

Yes, you can clone the original which preserves the sharing, but if that View was bookmarked by any users, that bookmark is now broken.  Same if the URL to the View was provided via email.

The ability to also change the "Manage Sharing" on existing views would be helpful also.

Additionally, the "Created by others" list doesn't show who created the View, so no way to contact the owner to ask them to make a change.

*Also, there is no good corresponding "Label" for the idea category for Views.

33 Replies
YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team! 

This is a great feature. Currently, Super Admin can delete but can't edit view. This doesn't make sense on a heirarchical level since permission to edit object should come before deletion.

As such, Super Admin should have the ability to do both. Thank you!

ebarton
Participant

I would love for Super Admins to be able to modify all personal views and also see who owns them. Use case for my company is that we want to be able to delete a property that is no longer in use, but is in a bunch of views. I can't tell what users I need to reach out to in order to get those views updated and I'm unable to make the changes myself so now I can't remove the property. It's the only area where I don't have access to make these changes.

AlishaAttarwala

Yes this will be helpful to have especially when team members are out of office and super admins need to make changes. 

Carly_Farlow
Contributor

Yes! I'm currently having trouble deleting a property that I'm moving to another property because other users have that property saved in views. I've had to clone and recreate views to remove and reach out to people about updating their own filters. 

M_Dayton
Participant

Also, as a Super Admin that empowers our org to use Views, I won't need to play detective to find the owner of the view to edit it or update it with new properties.

GEiselt
Contributor

There are several old properties I'm looking to archive but can't because they are being used in extremely old views. Not only can I not update the 70+ views this property is present in myself, I can't even see who owns which view, making it impossible to know who to email or who to log in as to make updates. Very inconvenient!

BVigil

Please add this as a feautre. This would make life so much easier to keep the system clean. 

KPak
Participant | Elite Partner

Something I keep facing is the fact that I can't edit properties if they are in a view, this is becoming quite frustrating and as an admin you would expect I could quickly edit the view and take the property out so that I can maintain my properties/database. 

Thanks

KCerrone

Echoing the other comments in the thread. 

I am running into a scenario where the team members that created various Views are no longer at the company, so their accounts are deactivated and there is nothing I can do to update their Views. It is already cumbersome to reach out to team memebrs when Views need updating. If there is no one to reach out to though, we are just stuck.

GEastham
Participant

Re: @KPak and others.  This seems like an easy win for UI/UX  team, and would GREATLY help with the super admin responsibility to maintain data hygiene. Please update with this feature soon!

Participant

Totally agree that this feature would be super useful!

SDatE
Participant

Any update on this? I currently cannot delete a field because it's in a view that another super admin created, even though there are no values left for it. As a Super Admin, I would expect:

1. To be able to delete a field that is now not included in any workflows and has no values set. If it's in views, that column should just be removed from the views.
  2. To be able to edit any other view. I'm supposed to be a super admin and the only thing I think I should not be able to do without people noticing is impersonate.
LVanderbroek
Participant

ORIGINAL COMMENT: I agree with everyone's comments. The ability for super admins to edit all user views would be very useful and help organizations keep cleaner data without having a bunch of unused properties because they are in too many individual rep views. Thanks! 

roland_deshane
Participant

I now have multiple properties that I have to label as [ARCHIVE] so users understand to remove these properties from their views. Not being able to edit their views as a Super Admin makes it really challenging to swap out old properties for new ones. This is esspecially relevant as HubSpot releases improved functionality around properties (ex. new property rules functionality). It is hard to take advantage of this functionality because to use it, you often have to create a new property to replace an existing property but getting rid of that existing property is almost impossible if you have a large user base with lots of saved views. 

EmmaClark

Same as the comments above, I'm going through a huge cleanse of properties but can't delete the majority of them because they are appearing as a column in a specific view that belongs to someone else. Super admins should be able to edit and resave other people's views - from both a support and data cleansing perspective.

SFoltz88
Participant

This is something that I am also requesting. As a super admin of my teams' HubSpot, I get a lot of requests to modify views and it would be helpful to modify existing ones rather than having to create or duplicate.

MYapp

I'll reiterate what others have said - especially how great it would be to swap out old properties for new ones that take advanatage of new property rules, but currently can't as the old properties are used in a ton of saved views.

JoelWhitford
Participant | Elite Partner

Big Supporter of the need to grant Super Admins access to editing another users views.  It's great that we can delete them, though it would be so much simpler to have the option to edit them instead. 

Vikki
Contributor

Super Admins should be able to modify all personal views.
We've been using HubSpot for 8+ years and have accumulated a lot of now unused or duplicate properties, but we can't delete them because while they're in use on views and I can't tell what users I need to contact to get those views updated. It would be much easier uf I can make the view changes myself and remove the property.

SFoltz88
Participant
This is precisely a problem we have been running into. We are a small company, but without a company wide survey, I don't know who made which views. I've also needed to modify existing views based on developing needs or new properties, but haven't been able to because of the lack of ability to edit existing views made by others.