HubSpot Ideas

gaslaughter

View Tasks from Deal record left sidebar

When customizing the layout of deal records, it would be great if there was an option to edit the "Deal record left sidebar" to show the associated tasks or the most recent task associated with that record. This would allow my team to see the associated tasks when previewing a deal record from the "List View" of Deals vs having to click into the deal record to see the tasks. From an efficiency and organization standpoint, this would be helpful. 

Additionally, from the "Board View" of deals, it would be great to have the ability to preview a record or expand additional details regarding associated tasks with that deal.

4 Replies
SCurtis

How are sales leaders tracking "activity", "action items" or "tasks"?  Kinda an important metric to advance opportunities through the funnel.  

DEbert
Contributor

I wondered a lot today about this missing view. An employee approached me and asked me how he can display his deals with the associated tasks in a table.

He would like to be able to see which deals he has no tasks for. It is possible to show assigned deals in the tasks view, but this does not work in the other direction. Tasks are simply non of the Options when looking for assignments for the Deal table.

Since the data is available, it simply looks to me like HubSpot forgot to include an assignment to the tasks.

Please provide this possibility.

SKLumley

If you want to drag and drop (move) any deal into the next stage you need to peform some kind of task or activity, you can only do this by opening a deal. For our team this renders the Deal Kanban view as just overview of where all deals are currently sitting in the pipeline. To be able to functionally action deals from the Kanban view would create a different workflow than that of completing task after task within a task que. Workflow customization is key here, so this idea would be great to have!

RArdon

Adding tasks to the deal preview would be a huge help to the sales team I work with as it would allow them to quickly scan any outstanding tasks to do with a potential lead when they inevitably get a call from them. Please allow this functionality.