HubSpot Ideas

jmoss

Using workflows to autocreate quotes

I would like to be able to use a form submission to auto-generate a quote. It's currently possible to use a workflow to create a deal, but I'd like to be able to go a step further and have the workflow create a deal and quote simultaneously.

116 Replies
rwolupo
Top Contributor

love this!

ProsperoChris
Member | Diamond Partner

We would like for a way to automatically generate quotes either based from a form submission where the prospect selects the products they are interested in and populate the rest of their information or from a workflow where the quote can be populated using personalisation tokens taken from the contact or deal record. It would also be good if the snippets used to populate the payment terms could be automatically populated in the quote. We are a Diamond agency and we have had several clients with this requirement.

AlbertoNieto
Participant

Within workflows, you have the ability to create deals, tickets, and tasks, but not quotes. It will help to be able to automatically create quotes within a workflow and be able to assign them to the desired contact.

Levi
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

At the moment it is only possible to create quotes manually through a deal. It would help me if this could be done automatically via a workflow. If a deal is in the quote stage > then automatically generate a quote via workflow trigger for example.

LR-CLFS

We are also really interested in this feature!

naymark

Yes pls.....

rwolupo
Top Contributor

does anyone use other tools to autocreate quotes with the data from hubspot?

geekbleek
Participant

Can anyone from Hubspot address when quote creation will be available within workflows?  This is critical for us to create self-service sales forms behind our SSO gated hubspot landing pages - and is a huge opportunity for broader adoption of Hubspot across our enterprise.  I see the other three objects (Deals, Companies, Tasks) can be created in workflows today - so I imagine quotes is not a huge lift on this.  If there's a beta of this feature we can test for you, please let me know as it will put my stakeholders looking at alternative platforms on pause! 😄 

Thanks Hubspot team - you rock!

Jindrich
Member | Diamond Partner

As Diamond agency, we can see a great number of cases where this would allow the elimination of third-party workarounds. This should be a Professional level product as it would be most useful for smaller clients as an easy single service quote/sell solution. Ability to trigger workflows from payments used through native stripe integration should be included as well.

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the Product Manager for Quotes. We're currently exploring this feature. I can't make any promises about it's delivery timeline, but it's on my radar.

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - when a quote gets autocreated, how would it get sent to the customer and how would you determine who it goes to?

geekbleek
Participant

@ethankopit - even just quote generation without it being sent to a customer (like thru the standard approval flow) would be incredibly valuable.  It would allow us to accept an inbound form to generate a quote from internal teams without them having to use/learn hubspot directly.  

LR-CLFS

@ethankopit generate a quotation on a deal from the products on the deal, creates the quote link and the quote link can be used in an automated email would be perfect! 👌🏻 

jmoss

It would need to be emailed to the person who requested the quote. If we could mark who was the primary contact on the deal then we could have it sent to that person. That only needs to be known if there is more than one contact on the deal too. Sometimes the person requesting the quote is not the person who needs to be notified when the order is placed. I'm not sure if that needs to be taken into account or not. There might need to be a workflow that should notify the correct people.

Jindrich
Member | Diamond Partner

@ethankopit  As suggested in the original post. The quote is auto-generated based on form submission.

Therefore are talking about contact workflow and as such the easiest way is to generate quotes based on associated contact to begin with.

Email notification should be optional and at a minimum should include an option to notify associated contacts or specific people.

ProsperoChris
Member | Diamond Partner

@ethankopit As i mentioned in my original suggestion, I see this automation being provided via a workflow therefore automating the creation of the quote should be an available option withinn the workflow build with an additional option for sending out an automated email to the associated contacts.

The quote build option itself should allow the user to select the template (especially given the new quotes beta) and either choose default line items or populate them via the form submission.

We could then use the URL generated by the quote creation as a personalisation token that can be inserted into any email saved for automation.

Folu

This feature would be really helpful, especially if the quote can be sent to the customer generating it. We don't need it autogenerated from a workflow necessarily, but could also be from a link inside an email sent or a document in hubspot. The link would then take the user to a quote template in hubspot where the user can select the products they want and quantities and generate a quote that gets sent to them. A team member would need to be notified that a quote has been generated and sent to the user, which is where the workflow likely comes in. Thanks for considering this! It would really close the loop in a lot of our CRM processes!

jmbray
Participant

Add the ability with PandaDoc integration or another proposal platform to AUTOMATICALLY send proposals using HubSpot workflow automation. I.e. if a Deal reaches a certain Deal Stage (e.g. Proposal Requested), reference the relevant data in the CRM, pull those data into the proposal template, and automatically send the associated Contact a proposal (including the follow-up reminders to execute the proposal), without having to generate and send on-off proposals. Thx!

ColinC
Participant

This is something we were also hoping was available.

Here was our proposed use case:

1. Prospect enters their details on a HS landing page

2. We use workflow to create contact, deal, and the quote.

3. Quote is sent to the prospect.

4. Prospect signs and processes payment on quote (Stripe for us)

5. We receive alert of payment received and close-won deal and fulfil order

sossp

We need this asap 🙂