HubSpot Ideas

OfferZenBrett

Using personalization tokens in URL's / Links in sales emails

I want to be able to hyperlink some text with a token. 

I want to store the URL for a user to sign up / create their account as a property, and then in a template say "Click here to sign up" (and hyperlink that CTA). 

5YbW236I7D

31 Comentarios
mvilches
Miembro

Please, this will be a very good improvement.

paytek_haley
Participante

I super agree - just raised this to HubSpot support today.

Very useful to have a personalization token act as a link in a hyperlink. Example: "Set a meeting with me." and link is the HubSpot meeting link.

Apparently this is possible in marketing emails, but not templates, so it should be an easy fix/change.

jmbray
Participante

I would echo this would be a very useful feature for some of our campaigns to have personalized UTM parameters in the hyperlink in email templates. 

jhoke722
Miembro

Yes please! This is a feature that would be extremely valuable to us. 

AZook
Miembro

Upvoting this! Let's get some personalization in those embeded urls! Right now, I'm having to send a long-form url with custom fields. Which.... works, but let's make it profesh!

pince101
Participante

Upvoting. This is a limiting factor for us. Lots of use cases for adding personalization tokens to links  (unique client parameters for sign up/viewing custom data on our site, or parameters specific to the sender). I know this feature is available for marketing emails, but a large part of our sales funnel is focused on 1:1 sales emails. 

Sending a plain url (instead of linked text) with tokens is not a good option for several reasons (unprofessional, can't include linked text in the middle of sentences).

morganmcgee
Colaborador

Upvoting this as well. This has been a pain point for us since onboarding HubSpot several years ago. It looks unprofessional to have long URLs in the body of sequence emails. We use personalization tokens to manage lots of our URLs, and it would make a lot of sense to be able to hyperlink them. You can do it in marketing emails, so I don't understand why we can't do it in sequences. Thanks.

The_Marketer
Miembro

+1 We store unique URLs as contact properties that we would like to be able to input into a text URL in the email sequence templates. Tools like Outreach or even Hubspot marketing email (through the use of a CTA) have this feature and it would be awesome to have the same for Hubspot sales sequences.

andrewmallis
Participante

We're using sequences to send our anual holiday cards. 

Each recipeint gets a custom URL to their card. 

Marketing emails aren't a better option. We enjoy the send coming from each account manager, with their signature attached. The personal touch generates replies and engagement.

We're currently storing the full URL as a text string and printing out the custom token. Most email clients automatically convert it to a hyperlink, but we are missing the sidekick link tracking this way. We'd like to be able to create more elegant hyperlinks, link images, etc.

MKaspar
Miembro

+1 This is must. Why is it working in marketing html emplates, but not in sales templates? Doesn't make sense. We have really good user flow, we are hiding contact info in urls. One missing info and user can't get to the end. 

wwahammy
Miembro

This infuriating. I'm trying to contact organizations I already have relationships with using sequence emails. The fact that I can't use personalization tokens in the a link url is maddening. Could someone at Hubspot give us feedback on whether this is going to be addressed and if so, when it might be?

will_nash07
Miembro

For anyone looking for a solution, you can use personalization tokens as variables: {{contact.firstname}}

So when linking a piece of text in your email, you could for instance do this in the URL: www.domain.com/?first_name={{contact.firstname}}

I've only tested this in a test email but it seems to work. For a full reference on these variables, see the 'Add personalization to a coded template' section here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/website-pages/personalize-your-content

andrewmallis
Participante

@will_nash07 that will work, and we did that on our end successfully.

However, hubspot does not track those links as clicks, so your conversion rates will be completely unknown.

The_Marketer
Miembro

@will_nash07 I use this workaround as well but you can't hyperlink it to text. The emails look very ugly as a result.

kacevedo
HubSpot Employee

Hi everyone! I developed a workaround for this--only downside is that the link is static so conversion rates will continue to be unknown. See the screen recording here.

Essentially, it's storing the hyperlinked text as a rich-text field property that you can then leverage into a personalization token. Hope this helps!

The_Marketer
Miembro

@kacevedo Thanks for sharing the video. However, I don't think this workaround would work when trying to automate (through a workflow) the population of the rich text field with a custom URL. We can populate a custom "URL" but we can't populate a custom "Link text" from a workflow. So it looks like a workaround if the field is filled in manually but not if it is automated.

JosephCollins
Miembro

I would like to be able to send a conact enrolled in a sequence a hypeerlink that is personilzed to their company. This feature is an easy add, and would strengthen the capabilities of the sequence feature.

tmitch_sona
Participante

Yes please. Really important to us for our outreach efforts to be able to personalise the links on linked text.

JCremin
Miembro

Agree - we need this feature for the very same reason. We need to send them a customized payment link unique to their deal in order for them to make their deposit and it's messy to have to include the entire url. The current process is that we have to manually copy and paste the link from the property on the deal record to the text in the email template and it takes the sales team extra time. 

GWolff8
Miembro

Without a doubt a super important feature. And sounds basic. 

Definitely a +1 from me.