HubSpot Ideas

Metrobi

Using Slack Commands in Slack Notification with Hubspot Workflows

Hi,

We use both Slack and Hubspot, thankfully both are integrated. 

We are using Hubspot Workflows. We use a lot of Slack notifications. We would love to be able to use Slack commands in these notifications with Hubspot Workflows.

Here is the use case:

Our marketing team used to notify our "Sales & Marketing" channel on Slack when they get a new lead. They used to post a random gif attached (using Giphy commands) to the message and it would both cheer and motivate us.

Here is an example:

"Hey guys, a new lead came in!"

A new lead came in!A new lead came in!

Now we automated almost everything thanks to Hubspot Workflows. We send automated notifications. However, we can't see these funny gifs on Slack because Slack commands do not work in workflows.

If there was this feature, I'm sure other people would also use it with other helpful Slack commands.

Hope I find supporters to this fun idea! 🙌

6 Replies
nicklanspa
Participant

Yes please! I have almost the exact same use case.

SMcDermott

Please please please!

arlogilbert
Contributor

We are heavy Giphy users for the same reason. Switching from Zapier to HubSpot for Slack alerts is awesome and cuts out yet another tool.... but the HubSpot alerts are just plain... boring. Help us spice them up a little y'all!

CBrinkhof2

Up!

ALucas0

Giphys are such a great way to capture attention - would be great to have a feature like this in workflows.

alan_sp
Participant

We're working on a slack app at getharold.net with more configurable search and alerts. It incorporates gifs into deal win notifications already, but there is so much more we could do in this regard. I'd love to chat with you if this is still something you are interested in.