HubSpot Ideas

StaceyM

User specific time zones

I work in a team spread across 4 different time zones. It would be helpful if each of us could have our local time zone associated with our HS profile and that would carry through when I'm scheduling activities or assigning tasks.

168 Replies
RWeisman

+1

kljohnson

I was about to enter this idea in. We need this and have teams globally. This would be very helpful for Sales working outside of our account time zone. 

NMunden

Would be really nice to be able to set timezone as a user default instead of stuck with the account default.  My meeting notifications in the UI are off. 

KHanchette
Participant

Looks like the time zone issue has been going on for a long time now.  We are testing HubSpot for our organizaton and it pretty suprising that this issue has not been solved yet.  Our home office is in Bulgria, we have people working in many timezones.  Rigth now my activities show to be off by 8 hours.  I have a hard time understanding why this has not been fixed?   I have loved the product up until finding this issue and it is not a small issue. 

CBell40
Participant

You'd think that 6 years and 400 upvotes would be enough to get this into development.....

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @KHanchette, I'm curious about your activities showing 8 hours off.

My portal is set for Central European Time, while I am in Central Standard Time (u.s.) with a 7 hour difference.

All of my activity shows in CST:

Jnix284_0-1675097319628.png

When viewed by my coworkers, it shows in CET.

While this information is localized, the issue we run into is with scheduling reminders or tasks for each other - if I set a task due date of Tuesday at 9 AM, it is not set for 9 AM their time, rather they will get the reminder at 9 AM CST, which is 4 PM CET, and there is no option to determine which timezone the task is for, it is based on the user's timezone that creates it, rather than the time zone of the person it is created for.

If I want them to get a task reminder at 9 AM CET, I have to set it for 2 AM CST.

KHanchette
Participant

@Jnix284 I am new and I might have spoke too soon.  I went into the user interface and the only time zone setting was for overall account.  There was no time setting for local preferances.  So I did some searching and found this thread that said Hubspot would look into the issue years ago.

After futher testing you are correct, when I create a task is used my computers time and when it logs emails it used my local time.  So maybe I do not have an issue.  I will use your suggestion when assigning tasks to to others in other time zones.  I have a time zone look up table all of the time open anyway.  What other issues should I be prepaired for when it comes to time zones?

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @KHanchette no worries, I'm glad I could provide a little insight and help you to better understand how the time zones currently work.

Other than the task issue, some of the others are with reporting - the deals are going to be in your company time zone, so if you close a deal on the last day of the month, but it's already the next day there, it would be counted in the new month. It's little things like that, around the beginning and end of the month where things can get a little messy if you aren't prepared for it. 

KHanchette
Participant

@Jnix284 Thank you for your help.  Those should be easy to work around now that I know them.

brittlincoln

@glencornell - is it possible to get a status update on this please? It's become a massive sticking point for our global sales org.

AliKendall

I am 'upvoting' this a thousand times! This is a major pain point for our users. We have 325+ locations around the world and it has become a huge hassle for our users to navigate a manual calculation of their time zones when trying to send emails and schedule social posts. It feels like this functionality should be a given!

HelenHachtel

International remote company here.... uh, can we please have this feature? "Choose your location to format your dates, times, and numbers in the appropriate regional style." except nope, I put USA and Hubspot insists I use CET because I have German coworkers who set things up. This... doesn't feel like a big ask when you really think about it.

AVara7
Participant

Curious why this request from 2017 hasn't been addressed? How many more upvotes does it need? It's very confusing when seeing "your timezone" is not really your time zone. 

SOwen
Participant

Absolutelty needed.  Adoption rate is difficult in regions where time zone is afffecring tasks and sequences. 

LBristow

Has this been solved yet? Running a global team and trying to report on effectiveness is very challenging when the account has a one time zone default. 

jforrester
Participant

+1

AKemple

I cant believe this has been pending since 2017 with no action, this is essential with work from home and remote work becoming so prominent 

SRosetti

Yes absolutely this is so much need; we have sales reps across 6 different times zone!

AlexandraL123

We'd love to see custom timezones implemented!

ACarr5

This is such a critical feature, and makes working in Hubspot for a global company more difficult than it needs to be. For us, scheduling emails in a different time zone is the difficulty. Hubspot has an account time zone, and a user time zone. It will helpfully convert the scheduled send time, but not the date! For those of us whose time zones are far apart, the date is just as critical as the time. Not showing a full time and date conversion leaves us so much more prone to user error, and to scheduling emails on the wrong day. Please consider this criticial usability upgrade! Thank you.