HubSpot Ideas

hayesnelson

Use workflow to trigger a sequence

I'd like to be able to use a hubspot workflow to enroll (and trigger) a contact into a sequence in the CRM.

I'd like to execute a sequence we've built in our HubSpot CRM when a contact property changes. eg; when contact property is set to 'X' trigger sequence 'Y'

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Delivered
July 22, 2021 12:06 PM

Hi Community!

The ability to enroll a contact into a sequence or set criteria to unenroll contacts, is now live to all Service Enterprise and Sales Enterprise customers! You will see the 'Enroll in Sequence' action listed under actions in Workflows.

We are still working on several related projects that I recommend folks follow, especially if you are interested more ways to set up automation between Sequenes and Workflows.

1. Trigger a sequence to enroll or unenroll automatically (Sales & Service Professional)
    1. Currently 'In development', this will provide the ability to automatically trigger a sequence, or set criteria for unenrollment on an indvidual sequence.
  2. Use sequences properties and activity as Contact filters in List and Workflows
    1. Allow more sophisticated filtering criteria in Lists and Workflows, based entirely on Sequences data and engagements

Status atualizado para: In Beta
May 26, 2021 08:08 AM

Hi Community,

I'd like to share some updates on the current beta for Enterprise customers and the upcoming features for Professional customers! A the bottom I've included a view of the designs we are currently planning and working towards for the Professional tier automation in Sequences. 

Sales/Service Enterprise feature: Enroll in sequence and unenroll from sequence workflow actions:

• We now have over 180 active beta participants using the feature!
  • We are making some slights tweaks to the working and the UI, including a link to a Knowledge Base aticle that explains details on types of trigger criteria to avoid
  • We are implementing internal monitoring to be made aware of concerning usage that as potential for abuse. This will include any types of Workflows that will trigger more than 100 contacts to be enrolled in a sequence from the same criteria. We will work to make this more clear in the product, but while this feature does provide full flexibility in Workflows, we strongly discourage the use of this feature to enroll lists on contacts, or to create trigger criteria that would result in high volumes of proactive outreach

Sales/ Service Professional feature: Embedded automation within Sequences settings

• This functionality will allow for automation via Workflows directly within the settings of any Sequence
  • The triggers here are more limited, but we feel cover a vast majority of the use-cases that we are excited to support!
  • We have made good progress from our research and internal alignment, and have broken ground on initial development
  • We've finished development to include a new "Automation" tab to Sequences
  • There are still several kinks and use-cases we need to work out in the designs before we have full confidence in all the details for how this will ultimately function, but we are feeling gooing about the general direction! 
  • Here is a video showcasing for this functionality may look like. This video is only showing designs, these are not yet features in betahttps://share.vidyard.com/watch/MJGiky5UM9V3chQSm9krXf?

Status atualizado para: In Beta
May 07, 2021 05:40 AM

Hi folks! I'm happy to let you all know that we've made a number of developments and we're now moving this idea to 'In beta'. We will begin accepting Enterprise customers into the beta next week. The Professional featurs (described below) are still in development, and I will update here once those features are also in beta.

We are developing automated enrollment and unenrollment of Sequences in 2 different places: automation settings added within Sequences, and Sequences actions added to Workflows.

In beta for Sales Hub Enterprise and Service Hub Enterprise are 2 new actons in Workflows.  An 'Enroll in sequence' action and an `Unenroll from sequence` action.

• `Enroll in Sequence` - enrolls a contact in a sequence of choice based on workflow criteria. The selected user/sender must have a paid Enterprise Sales or Service Hub seat. 
  • 'Unenroll from Sequence` - unenrolls a contact from any Sequence they are actively enrolled in. If the contact is not enrolled in a Sequence, nothing will happen, the step will be skipped. This feature will also be available at the Sales and Service Enterprise tier.

Here's what this looks like: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/1geADNWkw9UQTSD3CgNGZs?

Still in development is an entirely new automation experience within Sequences that will allow for Workflow actions to be created within the settings of a Sequence. These settings will allow for automated enrollment of sequences, unenrollment of sequences, and soon more trigger actions and logic based on actions in Sequences. 

Here is a video showing some of the concepts that we are currently planning and developing. The images in these videos are concepts, and the final designs and functionality are subject to change!

Clip here: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/UnoELtNwDYkbVjBkSJvFqE?

Status atualizado para: In Planning
October 07, 2020 05:32 AM

Hi Community,

Thank you all for your patience as we reviewed and discussed the ability to "Use workflows to trigger a sequence". We're now planning to develop a solution to solve this need of automated enrollment. We will continue to monitor this board and provide an update once we are in development. 

Best,

Glen

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
April 15, 2020 08:58 AM

September 26, 2019 11:47 AM

Hi Community!

Thanks everyone who has contributed to this thread with comments and upvotes. We've been internally investigating ways to turn this idea into a reality. There are a number of great use-cases for how this could increase your teams efficiency, as well as numeruos potentially unwanted scenarios that we plan to avoid. This has made implementing a seemlingly simple feature to be surprisingly complicated!

If anyone would like to help, it would be great to discuss some of your use-cases, reasons, and ideas for how you would use this feature. I'd also like to share some questions and a few scenarios to get further thoughts and reactions to how we might implement this.  I plan to start setting up some calls in the next several weeks.

If you're interested, please send me a direct message!

- Glen

262 Comentários
austinpostler
Participante

While we love being able to personalize sequence's, some of our sales campaigns are too large to justify personalizing each message that goes out.  Our sales reps live and breath the Sales Pro tools for automating & managing their communciation with prospects (sequences in particular) and do not work in the Marketing side of Hubspot, so for ease of use for our sales reps it would be great if we could automate sequence enrollment on some of our high volume campaigns.

JustinBarsketis
Membro

interested in this as well, odd this isnt a default feature. especially for forms, it would be so easy to do

kelliott
Membro

upvoted! hubspot product managers, can you please get on this? we have leads from a certain lead source that go into a standard yet unique sequence we've developed, but our SDRs have to manually enroll each lead into this sequence each and every time

Anonymous
Não aplicável

I agree. My company could really use this feature.

Nicfern
Participante

I also am looking for this functionality? (automate sequence enrolment from website form submission)
It would take a huge weight off our sales guys/SDR team. 

Does anyone else have any 'shortcuts' to achieve the same thing? 

Juuso
Membro

Automating enrollment in sequences would be really helpful. In my opinion, having the ability to use workflows to enroll contacts in sequences would be the optimal solution. Even having the ability to use list memberships to bulk enroll contacts in sequences would be really nice and save a lot of time. 

Androgom
Membro

This functionality could make the difference at my sales team. The manual follow up and finding deals that fit some special criteria can become very time-consuming. These automatical enrollments will help the team to spend more time Selling and not writing or copy-pasting templates in bulk. 

Thanks! 

philipB
Membro | Parceiro

Agreed. A client asked me today if this was possible. I said, "I'd be shocked if it's not, but let me check to be sure." Guess what? I'm shocked. I'm regularly surprised though by some of the really obvious functionality HubSpot leaves out, so maybe I should be used to it by now. 

Sos-PDG
Membro

One year later and I'm still waiting for this feature.

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 10.52.26 AM.png

Andrew3
Colaborador(a)

This feature would be so useful.  When the workflow moves a lead to a specific sequence campaign, it would be great if this sequence auto popped up for the exec to personalize and enroll.  AND/OR, optionally, or if the exec skips/delays an auto-triggered sequence, a list of auto-triggered sequences should be available for review and enrollment.

blackhawk
Participante

Every 5 minutes I find myself Googling some functionality for my brand new HubSpot account thinking, "No way this isn't a feature, I'm just new to this and can't find it..." LOL

So many basic functions missing from HubSpot. I'm already working on organizing my recently migrated data within HubSpot as I'm thinking I'm gonna be jumping ship sooner than later.

HubSpot customer since: 0.5 days ago

alowe
Membro

Woud be great to have this, as someone commented before this seems like one of the many things you would assume Hubspot to have and then find out otherwise...

Will_Iam
Membro

True... 

Either having the possibility in a workflow to stop when the prospect reply 

Or to trigger a sequence... 

1 year and still no news for this fundamental feature....  

PiteRock
Participante

We need this!

MattPutt
Colaborador(a)

We would also find this useful. In the interest of preventing spam, I can see it working as a feature in workflows, it's the perfect handoff between marketing and sales, when they reach certain trigger points, initiate a sequence to encourage the lead to contact/reply to the salesperson.

I'm also having trouble with this because I'd like to insert one of our sales guys meeting link into a marketing email but can't, so instead, I'm looking at creating a sequence, but it's pointless if I can't auto-enrol.

We need better cross marketing/sales functionality.

JustinTV
Membro

It is very disappointing this isn't a feature right now.

Please make this happen.  Happy to provide insight to the product team if they have questions about anything from need to UX.

Justin

jay11
Membro

I can't believe this isn't a thing yet. Please make it happen!

jasonmudd9
Participante | Parceiro

Yes, please!

swh
Membro

Agreed!  It's also frustrating that a workflow can't send any email other than a mass template.

If someone submits a contact form, I should be able to trigger a confirmation email without an unsubscribe link at the bottom...

RoxannePepin
Participante

Any word on when this will be implemented? This would save my sales team a lot of time and effort.