HubSpot Ideas

hayesnelson

Use workflow to trigger a sequence

I'd like to be able to use a hubspot workflow to enroll (and trigger) a contact into a sequence in the CRM.

I'd like to execute a sequence we've built in our HubSpot CRM when a contact property changes. eg; when contact property is set to 'X' trigger sequence 'Y'

262 Replies
LeadGenera
Member | Gold Partner

This is an incredible idea and we're really hoping they roll this out soon! 

The only down side of sequences is that you can't enroll people when triggered by a workflow, which would completely pop the lid off this if it was possible!

pille
Participant

@glencornell I would be willing to discuss my use cases with you.

Feel free to reach out to me. 

Alphonse

It would be really useful in order to not have to check everyday if a new contact is added to a list and if we need to make them enter in the sequence !

daveroma
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hear, hear!

LBrigg
Participant

Is there an early beta??

Alvaro_Sanz
Participant

Any estimated timeline for the implementation of this feature?

austinmeow

+1

Kees

Despite the announcement that this feature is being planned we haven't heard about a date. When will it be available?

The_Marketer

We need this as well. Until we have it we can't migrate our sales emails automation to Hubspot.

estraghalis
Participant | Partner

This is the most ridiculous thing that you CAN'T do in HubSpot. The whole point of automation is to drive MQL's and SQL's.  Hard to do that if you can't hand off from a workflow to a sequence. Please make this a priority!!!!

Jtucke6

This would be extremely helpful, especially if an admin can setup these workflows and sequences on behalf of other users.

CMathieu9

Found a solution :
1) Add a Task "TITLE EXAMPLE" at the end of your Sequence
2) Create new Workflow

3) Add the main Triger : Activity>Triger Title> "TITLE EXAMPLE"

5) Activate your Workflow - it works. 

LBrigg
Participant

@CMathieu9 I am not sure how your suggestion works 

it seems like you suggestion is to use a sequence to trigger a workflow whereas what we are looking for it to use a workflow to trigger a sequence 

ancaban
Participant

@CMathieu9 @LBrigg exactly, that would work for example for my case that I use title of the task in a sequences to assign each contact a "sequence name" and to know the closed won which sequences they were enrolled.

Or to add a "Unreachable" to the ones that completed the last task of the sequence --> never replied or answered the phone.

But it won't work to enroll contacts in a sequence automatically with a workflow. You still have to do it manually.

TingersollThorp

Hey Hubspot! 

Huge evangelist for the platform, but this product gap is glaring. Can you give the thread an update? When will an MVP for triggering a sequence from a workflow branch be available? 

Thanks!

Tore

RDunphy
Participant

This is really needed it would make automation for our teams so much easier.

kobuse

Any news?

Kees
deployment takes huge amounts of time....
jfd118
Contributor

On Sept 29, 2020 I posted a use case for this functionality.  On Oct 7, 2020 @glencornell posted that HS was going to develop the solution.  
Interestingly, 6 months later I found this conversation b/c I need the functionality again!     I sure hope we get some news soon. 

PhilipStorey
Member | Diamond Partner

Please can we have this soon?